- Madhya Pradesh govt decides to regularise 2 lakh 37,000 contractual teachers
- Madhya Pradeshgovernment decided to regularise 2 lakh 37 thousand contractual teachers in the state.
- The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan yesterday.
- Cabinet also decided that no contractual employee in other government departments will be retrenched.
- The Union Cabinet also decided that the contractual staffers will be given 15 days privilege leave, 13 days casual leave and 10 days other leave in a calendar year.
· Cochin International Airport, Worlds 1st Fully Solar Energy-Powered Airport: UNEP
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)recognized Cochin International Airport Ltd (CIAL) in Kerala as the world’s first fully solar energy-powered airport. CIAL is India’s first airport to be constructed in public-private-partnership (PPP) model in 1999.
- It is the busiest and largest airport in the state of Kerala.
- The airport has 15 MWp solar power plant near the cargo complex of airport comprising 46,150 solar panels laid across 45 acres.
- Dr Jitendra Singh announces Rs 28 crore for ‘Brahmaputra Study Centre’ at Gauhati University
- The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh has said the Government has approved setting up of an exclusive “Brahmaputra Study Centre” at Gauhati University, Guwahati, for which a fund of about Rs. 28 crore will be provided by the Ministry of DoNER.
- The Vice-Chancellor of Gauhati University, Dr Mridul Hazarika, who called on Dr Jitendra Singh, said that the University has decided to provide land within the campus for a separate block for the Brahmaputra Study Centre / Department.
- Ministry of WCD signs an MoU with Government of Uttar Pradesh
- The Ministry of Women and Child and Development, Government of India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Department of Women and Child Development, Government of Uttar Pradesh. for management of Home of Widows at Sunrakh Bangar, Vrindavan.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development has constructed this shelter home for widows with a capacity of 1000 inmates.
- The MoU shall be in force for a period of 2 years which may be renewed for further period on satisfactory running of the Home.
- Jual Oram launches ‘the Pankha’ (Hand-Fans) through TRIFED and TRIBES India
- Union Tribal Affairs Minister, Shri Jual Oram launched an exhibition cum sale event, ‘the PANKHA’ (Hand-fans), created by TRIFED through its artisans from all over the country at its showroom Tribes India, 9 Mahadevan Road , New Delhi.
- The Pankhas, a range of exotic hand fans draws inspiration from the eminent Artist, Shri Jatin Das and from his collection of 10000 handmade Pankhas.
- These are on display at Indira Gandhi Naitonal Auditorium (IGNA), New Delhi from 26.05.2018 to 24.06.2018.
- TRIFED and the J.D.Centre for Arts (JDCA) are collaborating to promote the Pankha all over the country.
- TRIFED is showcasing and marketing these through its 97 retail outlets and e-portals.
· India releases Rs 33.10 Cr to Nepal for two road Projects
- India released 33 points 10 Crore rupeesto Nepal towards the cost of two road packages of Birgunj-Thori Road being implemented under Postal Highway Projects in Nepal with Government of India’s grant assistance.
- Deputy Chief of Mission in the Indian Embassy, Dr. Ajay Kumar handed over a Cheque of the grant to Secretary, Ministry for Physical Infrastructure and Transport, Nepal, Madhusudan Adhikari in Kathmandu.
- The amount has been released towards 25% of the tendered cost (including 10% mobilization advance) of the Postal Highway Projects.
- The Government of India has so far released a total of 117.63 Crore rupees to the Government of Nepal for implementing 14 packages of the Postal Highway Projects.
- The construction of Dhangadhi-Bhajaniya-Satti road and Lamki-Tikapur-Khakraula road has been completed.
- Since 1950, the Government of India has been supporting infrastructure development of Nepal and has provided financial assistance for construction of various Highways, Roads, Bridges, Airports, etc. as part of its multi-sectoral and multi-dimensional India-Nepal Economic Cooperation Programme.
· Gaj Yatra launched in Garo Hills of Meghalaya
- Gaj Yatra Gaj Yatra is an 18-month-long national campaign aimed to protect elephants, India’s national heritage animal in 12 elephant range states.
- It was organized by the Wildlife Trust of India in collaboration with the State Forest Department.
- Under this campaign, an elephant mascot will be there.
- It was launched to the acknowledged good gesture of villagers from Garo Hills who had set aside part of their community-owned land to create village researchers.
- NIC Launches India’s 4th Data Centre In Bhubaneswar.
- Bhubaneswar (capital city of Odisha) becomes the fourth National data center of National Informatics Centre (NIC) after Delhi, Hyderabad and Pune.
- The new cloud-enabled National Data Centre aims to offer round-the-clock operations with secure hosting for various e-governance applications of Central and State Governments and has the ability to support 35,000 virtual servers.
- NIC provides technology support to all government services and hosts nearly 10,000 websites of the Government.
- NIC currently has 4,500 people across India in its various operations and will hire 800 professionals in the next one year.
· Gujarat Government Launches Reuse Of Treated Waste Water Policy
- The Gujarat government unveiled its ‘Reuse of Treated Waste Water Policy’ which aims to reduce the state’s dependence on freshwater sources like the Narmada river.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel launched the policy at a function held in Gandhinagar.
- The policy will promote the use of treated wastewater and will see the setting up of sewage treatment plants (STP)in all major towns and cities of Gujarat.
- MPPCS Mains 2019 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes