- State airs grievances over share of Narmada Water
- MoU signed to give quality mid-day meals.
- Akshaypaatra Foundation will set up state-of-the-art kitchens and deliver mid-day meals to schools in the urban areas of Bhopal and Raisen
- It is noteworthy that the Akshaypaatra Foundation is providing quality food to 17.7 lakh children in government schools of 12 states of the country through the Mid Day Meal Programme.
- Its goal is to provide food to 50 lakh children. This work is being done through 43 state-of-the-art kitchens and special vehicles for distribution.
- World Literacy Day is celebrated on 8 September
- On 8th September every year, International Literacy Day is celebrated to make people to know the importance of Literacy for people, communities and societies.
- It aims to combat worldwide problems also to promote illiteracy. The theme for 2019 is Literacy and Multilingualism.
- On 26th October in 1966, the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) declared 8th September as International Literacy Day.
- The 7th RCEP is being held in Thailand
- The 7th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) ministerial meeting is being held from 8-10 September 2019 at Bangkok, Thailand.
- In the meeting 10 members of ASEAN countries, their six free trade agreement (FTA) partners.
- India will be represented by the Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Railways Piyush Goyal. After RCEP, he will be holding bilateral meetings with his counterparts from Russia, Japan, China, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand.
Gk bit : RCEP
- The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) was established in November 2012 at the ASEAN Summit in Cambodia. It is a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the 10 Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries and its 6 FTA partners.
10 ASEAN Countries:
- Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines
6 FTA Partners:
- India, China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, and New Zealand.
- PM inaugurated AURIC
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Aurangabad Industrial City (AURIC), India’s first i ndustrial smart city, in Aurangabad, Maharashtra. The programme aims to boost the Government of India’s Smart Cities programme.
- AURIC is India’s first greenfield smart city. Aurangabad has been planned to be the new benchmark of industrial progress. It is situated in the underdeveloped Marathwada region. The 10,000-acre big AURIC is a part of the under-construction Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC). The city is being promoted as a major industrial hub on the DMIC.
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting decides to discontinue single use plastic
- The Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) has announced its plan to get rid of single-use plastic within the secretariat. The Ministry has encouraged the staffers to turn the recycled paper.
- The reason aims to implement the ban as it plans to have a clean and green environment with collective responsibility and endless methods toward achieving the goal of plastic-free surroundings. All the Ministry officials are requested to discontinue the single-use of plastic folders, plastic water bottles, and different such things forthwith and instead start/encourage the utilization of recycled paper.
- PM to launch a new initiative to control FMD
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is to launch a new initiative in the National disease management Programme for Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and Brucellosis. Under this scheme, the Centre will allocate Rs.13,500 crore central scheme to control livestock diseases.
- The scheme will be launched on 11 September from Mathura district in Uttar Pradesh. On this day, PM also will launch the National AI Programme throughout the event on 11 September in Mathura.
- The aim of the Programme is to regulate Foot and Mouth sickness and Brucellosis by 2025 with vaccination and ultimate demolition of FMD by 2030.
- PM Modi launches Mumbai Metro coach under the Make in India initiative
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a slew of metro projects in Maharashtra’s Mumbai and launched a metro coach-built indigenously under the Make in India program, in a visit that comes ahead of the assembly elections scheduled in October.
- He inaugurated projects worth more than Rs 20,000 crore.
- The Mumbai metro project will not only help to easing out commute for passengers but will also be a source of employment for a number of people as coaches of the new metro train will be made in India.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2019 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes