· Now, Indore eyes no. 1 spot in water harvesting
ð To make Indore number 1 in all-India rainwater harvesting survey, Indore Municipal Corporation has decided to install 50,000 more rainwater harvesting system in city within next three months.
ð Under Jalshakti scheme of the government, around 7,000 rainwater harvesting systems were installed in city and the city improved its ranking from 11th spot to sixth in all-India survey for harvesting work.
ð The aim to install 50,000 more rainwater harvesting system in the city in next three months so that the city could top in the all-India survey.
· China launches 3 satellites will help areas including disaster management and climate monitoring
- China successfully launched three satellites including a resource satellite into planned orbits which will help in disaster prevention, urban construction and monitor polar regions and global climate change.
The resource satellite and two small satellites were launched on a Long March-4B carrier rocket at 11:26 am local time from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre in north China’s Shanxi Province.
- The resource satellite ZY-1 02D is developed by the China Academy of Space Technology (CAST) and is an important part of China’s space-based infrastructure.
It will provide observation data for natural resources asset management, ecological monitoring, disaster prevention and control, environmental protection, urban construction, transportation and contingency management.
- Scientists identify the largest flying animal in history
- Scientists unveiled a new species of pterosaur, which is among the largest ever flying animals, according to a study from the Queen Mary University of London.
- The pterosaur’s name ‘Cryodrakon boreas’ roughly translates to ‘frozen dragon of the north wind’ in tribute to the landscape of the Albertan winter.
- Cryodrakon boreas was a flying reptile with a wingspan of up to 10 metres which lived during the Cretaceous period around 77 million years ago.
· UNESCO to publish an anthology of Guru Nanak Devs writing in world languages
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)decided to translate and publish an anthology of the writings of Guru Nanak Dev in world languages to mark his 550th birth anniversary.
- The main aim is to commemorate 550thbirth anniversary of GuruNanak Devji, UNESCO decided to translate and publish an anthology of his writings into world languages.
- The government holding a series of events They initiated projects to mark 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev.
- The main aim is to construction of Kartarpur Corridor from Dera Baba Nanak in Gurdaspur district in Punjab to the international border, the development of the historic town of Sultanpur Lodhi as a heritage town on the smart city principle. The upgradation of Sultanpur Lodhi railway station and release of commemorative coins and postage stamps.
· Ravi Shankar Prasad launches India First Maritime Communication Services And CEIR System In India
- Union Minister for Communications, Electronics and Information Technology and Law & Justice Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad launched the maritime communication services at Mumbai. The maritime connectivity will enable high-end support to those in sea by providing access to Voice, Data and Video services while traveling on sailing vessels, cruise liners, ships in India using satellite technology.
- India’s leading VSATsolutions provider is the first Indian company that will now provide quality broadband services to the maritime sector. Nelco through global partnerships, infrastructure including transponder capacity on satellite of ISRO Indian Space Research Organization) and a comprehensive service portfolio will help Energy, Cargo and Cruise vessels by enhancing operational efficiency, improving crew welfare and enabling customer services. The IFMC licence has not only enabled connectivity for on-board users on ships but also brings operational efficiencies for shipping companies which were less evolved.
- The Government of India announced the licenses for In-flight and Maritime Communications (IFMC) that allows voice and internet services while flying over the Indian skies and sailing in Indian waters, both for international and Indian aircrafts and vessels. The IFMC license is a key initiative of the Telecom Ministry, a move to liberalise satellite communication services in India.
· Union Government Launches Web Portal to Find Your Lost or Stolen Mobile Phone
- Department of Telecommunications (DoT)unveiled a portal in Mumbai which will help mobile phone users trace their stolen or lost mobile phones. The name of the project is called the Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR). It is undertaken by DoT for this purpose. This project is aimed at blocking of reported lost or stolen mobile phones across mobile networks, discouraging their theft, as well as facilitating in tracing of such phones. DoT launched a maritime communications service and revealed VSAT solutions provider Nelco will undertake broadband services in the maritime sector.
- The mobile phones have a unique International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number which is used to identify them. Because IMEI is reprogrammable some miscreants do reprogram the IMEI number, which results in the cloning of IMEI causing multiple phone devices with same IMEI number.
If such IMEIs are blocked, several genuine customers might suffer. Therefore, there is a need to get rid of duplicate and fake IMEI phones.
- MPPCS Mains 2019 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2019- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2019 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes