- MP govt to recruit over 89,000 people
- With an eye on the Assembly elections, due later this year, the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh has announced that it will recruit over 89,000 people in different departments over the next few months.
- The announcement comes two days after chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said the retirement age of state government employees would be raised to 62 years from the current 60 years.
- However, the move was opposed by the Congress and an outfit of the educated, unemployed youth, which accused Chouhan of “deceiving” 1.5 crore educated, unemployed youngsters in the state by increasing the superannuating age.
- The BJP dispensation’s promise to recruit over 89,000 people is expected to blunt the criticism it has been facing from the Congress over the lack of government jobs in the election year.
- According to data tabled in the Legislative Assembly recently, the current Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) regime employed only 19,226 people in different departments in the last 14 years, since it came to power in the state.
- According to the data, on an average, 1,373 youth got government jobs per year during the said period.
- “The government will employ more than 89,000 people in the next few months,” a release issued by the state government on Saturday stated.
- Win Myint elected new Myanmar president
- Myanmar’s parliament has elected Win Myint as the country’s next president, a week after the resignation of his predecessor Htin Kyaw.
- Win Myint, a close aide of Aung San Suu Kyi, has been a speaker in the lower house since 2012 and was widely tipped for the top job.
- But his role will be essentially ceremonial, with Ms Suu Kyi acting as de facto president.
- Cabinet approves re-structuring of NSDF and NSDC
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for restructuring of National Skill Development Fund (NSDF) and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to strengthen governance, implementation and monitoring framework.
- The restructuring will also ensure better corporate governance, transparency and accountability in operations of NSDC besides strengthening the oversight role of NSDF.
- The approval would lead to restructuring of composition of Board of NSDF and the NSDC to strengthen governance, implementation and monitoring.
- Cabinet approves certain official amendments to the National Medical Commission (NMC) Bill
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved certain official amendments to the National Medical Commission (NMC) Bill.
- The Amendment to the NMC Bill comes in the backdrop of its consideration in the Lok Sabha on 02.01.2018 and subsequently being referred to the Department Related Parliamentary Standing Committee (DRPSC).
- The Government has considered the recommendations made by the Standing Committee in its report tabled in the House on 20.03.2018 and general feedback, particularly the views of medical students and practitioners regarding certain provisions of the Bill.
- Cabinet approves formulation of a new Integrated Scheme for School Education from 1st April, 2018
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal of Department of School Education and Literacy to formulate a Integrated Scheme on School Education by subsuming Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) and Teacher Education (TE) from 1st April, 2018 to 31st March, 2020.
- An estimated allocation of Rs 75,000 crore over the period has been approved which is a 20% increase over the current allocations.
- The scheme comes in the backdrop of PM’s vision of SabkoShiksha, AchhiShiksha and aims to support the States in universalizing access to school education from classes pre-nursery to XII across the country.
· Union Government Allows Export Of 2 Million Tonnes Of Sugar
- The union government allowed export of two million tonnes of sugaruntil the end of the 2017-18 marketing year, in order to clear surplus stocks and improve cash flow to millers for making payment to sugarcane farmers.
- The government has also allowed export of white sugar till September 2018 under the Duty-Free Import Authorisation (DFIA) scheme, under which exporters are allowed to import sugar at zero duty within three years.
· EPFO Launches Portal For Pensioners
- EPFOlaunched the pensioner’s portal through which all EPFO pensioners may get the details of pension-related information.
- The pensioner’s portal is a recently launched service where details like pension payment order number, payment order details, passbook information and other related information are available.
- The enhanced“Track eKYC” facility for the convenience of members have also been launched to check the status of Aadhaar seeded against their UAN.
- The facility has been made available at EPFO’s website www.epfindia.gov.in
- NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission Signs SOI with SAP Global
- NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) announced the signing of a Statement of Intent (SOI) with SAP to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- As part of the SOI, SAP in 2018 will adopt 100 Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATL) for five years to nurture the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) learning among secondary school children across India.
- The objective of this program is to enable students to learn digital transformation and topics related to digital conversion and internet of thinking such as design thinking method, programming language and experiential science teaching.
· Ministry Of Power Joins Hands With Skill India To Support Saubhagya Scheme
- Ministry of Powerpartnered with the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship to train the manpower in six states (Assam, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha and Uttar Pradesh) for speedy implementation of its SAUBHAGYA scheme.
- SAUBHAGYA (Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojna) aims to achieve universal household electrification in all parts of the country in a time-bound manner.
- Around 4 crore households are expected to get electricity connections under the scheme. A special project under the PMKVY has also been launched in these Six States.
· India’s first Insect Museum Opened In Tamil Nadu
- A Rs 5 crore insect museum with the state-of-the-art amenities was unveiled by Tamil NaduChief Minister K Palaniswamy at the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University.
- The museum, established at a 6,691 sqft area, is fully dedicated to insects and is first of its kind in the country.
- It would display insects preserved as specimens as also live ones depicting their different developmental stages, images, videos and models of their unique behavior, habits, and habitats.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes