MPPSC Syllabus for 2020 PDF can be Download by MPPSC Students in Hindi & English for MPPSC Prelims and Mains exam. The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (MPPSC) is expected to release the MPPSC Notification 2020 shortly. Every year, Lakh of learners appears for the exam undertaken by MPPSC to recruit the state’s multiple Group “A” and Group “B” services. The Details of Services under MPPSC Exams can provide an idea to the MPPSC Students. The prelims exam schedule will be notified along with MPPSC posts notification. Thus, the aspirants need to prepare for the exam keeping in mind each of the topic of the MPPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus to get the optimum results.
Familiarity with the Syllabus and MPPSC Examination Pattern for Prelims and Mains Exam is of prime importance for the students to secure positive results in MPPSC Exams. To assist students in their exam preparation and to encourage better marks, we are providing Syllabus 2020 for Prelims and Mains. Download PDF in Hindi and English and with specific focus on important topics of the MPPSC exam.
MPPSC Exam Prelims 2020 Syllabus-
Download the Syllabus PDF
Paper -I General Studies
History, Culture and Literature of Madhya Pradesh.
- Major events and Major dynasties in history of Madhya Pradesh.
- Contribution of Madhya Pradesh in freedom movement.
- Major arts and Sculputure of Madhya Pradesh.
- Major Tribes and Dialects of Madhya Pradesh.
- Major festivals , Folk music, Folk arts and Folk literature of Madhya Pradesh.
- Important Literator of Madhya Pradesh and their literature.
- Religious and tourist places of Madhya Pradesh.
- Important Tribal Personalities of Madhya Pradesh.
History of India.
- Major features, Events and their administrative, Social and Economical Systems of Ancient and Medieval India.
- Social and Religious reform movements in 19 and 20 century.
- Independence struggle and Indian National Movement for Freedom.
- Integration and Reorganization of India after Independence.
Geography of Madhya Pradesh.
- Forest, Forest Produce, Wild life, Rivers, Mountains and Mountain ranges of Madhya Pradesh.
- Climate of Madhya Pradesh.
- Natural and Mineral resources of Madhya Pradesh.
- Transport in Madhya Pradesh.
- Major Irrigation and Electrical Projects in Madhya Pradesh.
- Agriculture, Animal husbandry and Agriculture based industries in Madhya Pradesh.
Geography of World and India :-
- Physical Geography :- Physical features and Natural regions.
- Natural Resources:- Forest, Mineral resources, Water, Agriculture, Wildlife, National Parks/ Sanctuaries/Safari.
- Social Geography:- Population related Demography (Population growth, Age, Sex ratio, Literacy)
- Economic Geography: – Natural and Human resources (Industry, Modes of Transport)
- Continents/Countries/Oceans/Rivers/Mountains of world.
- Natural Resources of World.
- Conventional and Non conventional Energy Resources.
(A) Constitutional System of Madhya Pradesh
- Constitutional System of Madhya Pradesh (Governer, Council of Ministers, Legislative Assembly, High Court).
- Three-tier System of Panchayati Raj and Urban Administration in Madhya Pradesh.
(B) Economy of Madhya Pradesh
- Demography and Census of Madhya Pradesh.
- Economic Development of Madhya Pradesh.
- Major Industries of Madhya Pradesh.
- Castes of Madhya Pradesh, S chedule Castes and S chedule Tribes of Madhya Pradesh and Major Welfare Schemes of State.
Constitution Government and Economy of India.
- Government India act 1919 and 1935.
- Constituent Assembly.
- Union Excutive, President and Parliament.
- Fundamental Rights and Duties of the Citizens and Directive Principles of State policy.
- Coustitutional Amendments.
- Supreme Court and Judicial System.
- Indian Econom y, Industrial Development and Foreign trade, Import and Export.
- Financial Institutions- Researve Bank of India, Nationalised Banks, Security and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), National Stock Exchange (NSE), Non Banking Financial Institutions.
Science and Technology.
- Basic Principles of Science.
- Important Indian Scientific Research Institutions and Their achievements, Satellite and Space technology.
- Environment and Biodiversity.
- Ecological System.
- Nutrition, Food and Nutrient.
- Human Body.
- Agricultural Product Technology.
- Food Processing.
- Health Policy and Programmes.
- Pollution, Natural Diasasters and Management.
Current International and National Affairs.
- Important Personalities and Places
- Major Events
- Important Sports Institutes, Sports Competitions and Awards of India and Madhya Pradesh.
Information and Communication Technology
- Electronics, Information and Communication Technology
- Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Cyber Security
- Internet and Social Networking Sites
National and Regional Constitutional / Statutory Bodies
- Election Commission of India
- State Election Commission
- Union Public Service Commission
- Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Comptroller and Auditor General
- NITI Aayog
- Human Rights Commission
- Women Commission
- Child Protection Commission
- Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Commission
- Backward class Commission
- Information Commission
- Vigilance Commission
- National Green Tribunal
- Food preservation Commission etc.
State Service (Preliminary) Examination Syllabus
Paper -II :GENERAL APTITUDE TEST
- Interpersonal skill including communication skill
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude ect.-Class X level) Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.-Class X level)
- Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (Class X level)
Note:- Question relating to Hindi Language Comprehension skill of Class X level will be tested through passages from Hindi language only without providing English Translation thereof in the question paper.
MPPSC Exam Mains 2020 Syllabus-
Download the Syllabus PDF
FIRST PAPER (PART-A)
History and Culture
- Indian History:- Political, Economic, Social and Cultural History of India from Harappan civilization to 10 Century A.D.
- Political, Economic, Social and Cultural History of India from 11 to 18 Century D.
- Mugal rulers and their administration, Emergence of composite culture
- Impact of British Rule on Indian Economy and Society.
Reactions of Indians against British Colonial Rule: Peasant and Tribal revolts, The First Struggle of Independence. Indian Renaissance: National Freedom Movement and its leaders.
Emergence of India as a Republic Nation, Reorganization of States, Formation of Madhya Pradesh. Major events of the post independence period.
Independence Movement in Madhya Pradesh.
Indian Cultural Heritage (with special reference to Madhya Pradesh) : Salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature, Festivals & Architecture from ancient to modern times.
World Heritage sites in Madhya Pradesh and Tourism.
Dynasties of Madhya Pradesh: – Gondwana, Bundeli, Bagheli, Holkar, Scindia and Bhopal State (From beginning till independence).
With in Geographic reference of Present Madhya Pradesh.
FIRST PAPER (PART-B)
UNIT- I GEOGRAPHY
Major Physical Features:- Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Rivers, Lakes and Glaciers.
Major Geographical Phenomena:- Earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanicity, Cyclone.
World Climate:- Climate and seasons, distribution of rain fall and climatic regions, Climate change and its effects.
Geography of India
Major physical features:- Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Rivers, Lakes and Glaciers.
Physiographic Division of India.
Climate:- Origin of Monsoon, El Nino, Climate and Seasons, Distribution of rain fall and climatic regions.
Natural Resources:- Types and their uses.
Water, forest, soil
Rocks and minerals
Population:- Growth, distribution, density, sex ratio, literacy, migration, rural and urban population.
Food Processing and Related Industries:- Scope and significance, Localization of industries, Requisites for forward and backward linkages for industries, demand – supply and chain management.
Geography of Madhya Pradesh
Major Geomorphic Regions with special reference to Narmada Valley and Malwa Plateau.
Natural vegetation and climate.
Soil:- Physical, chemical and biological properties of soil, soil formation process, problems of soil erosion and soil degradation, problem soil and methods of its reclaimation, soil conservation planning on watershed basis.
Mineral and Energy Resources:- Types, distribution and uses.
Major Industries: Based on agricultural produce, forests and minerals.
The Tribes of State with particular reference to vulnerable tribes.
Water and disaster management
Drinking Water:- Supply, factors of impurity of water and quality management.
Ground water and water conservation.
Natural and Man-made disasters, Concept and scope of disaster management, specific hazards and mitigation.
Community planning: Resource mapping, relief and rehabilitation, preventive and administrative measures, safe construction. Alternative communication and survival efficiency.
Advanced Techniques in Geography
Remote sensing: principles, electromagnetic spectrum, components, types of satellite, Application of remote sensing.
GIS(Global Information System) : Components of GIS, and its applications.
GPS (Global Positioning System): Basic concepts of GPS and its applications.
SECOND PAPER (PART-A)
PAPER-II GENERAL STUDIES
Constitution, Governance, Political and Administrative Structure
Constitution of India:- Its Foundation, characteristics, Basic Structure and important amendments.
Conceptual elements:- Objectives, fundamental rights and duties, directive principle of state policy.
Federalism, Central:- State Relations, Supreme Court, High Court, Judicial Review, Judicial Activism, Lok Adalat and Public Interest Litigation.
Election Commission of India, Comptroller and Auditor General of India, Union Public Service Commission, Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission and NITI Aayog.
Role of caste, religion, class, ethnicity, language and gender in Indian politics, Political parties and voting behavior in Indian politics, civil society and Public movement, National integrity and security issues.
Public participation and local government (with reference of 73 and 74 amendment to the Constitution)
Accountability and Rights:- Competition Commission, Consumer Forum, Information Commission, Women’s Commission, Human Rights Commission, SC / ST / OBC Commission, Central Vigilance Commission.
Features of democracy:- Political Representations, Participation of Citizens in the Decision making Process.
Community-based organizations (CBO), Non Government Organizations (NGOs) and Self-help groups (SHG).
Role of Media and Problems (Electronic, Print and Social)
Indian Political Thinkers Kautilya, Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, Ram Manohar Lohia, B.R.Ambedkar, Deendayal Upadhyaya, Jayaprakash Narayan.
Administration and Management:- Meaning, nature and significance, Role of public administration in the developed and developing societies, Development of Public administration as a subject, Modern Public Administration, Principles of Public Administration.
Concepts:- Power, Authority, Responsibility and Delegation.
Theories of organization, steps and area of control and unity of command.
New dimensions of public management, management of change and
SECOND PAPER (PART-B)
Economics and sociology
Issues and initiatives in the field of agriculture, industry and services in India.
Measurement of national income in India.
Functions of Reserve Bank of India and commercial banks, financial inclusion, monetary policy.
Characteristics of good taxation system- Direct tax and indirect taxes, subsidies, cash transaction, fiscal policy.
Public distribution system, current trends and challenges of the Indian economy, poverty, unemployment and Regional imbalances.
India’s international trade and balance of payment, role of Foreign capital, multi-national companies, Foreign direct investment , import-export policy, International Monetary Fund, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, World Trade Organization, ASIAN, SAARC, NAFTA AND OPEC,
With reference to Madhya Pradesh
Major crops, holdings and cropping patterns, Social and physical environmental impact on producation and distribution of crops, Issues and challenges related with quality and supply of seeds and manure, farming practices, Issues and challenges of horticulture, poultry, dairy, fisheries and husbandry etc. Problems and challenges related to agricultural produce, transportation, storage and marketing.
Welfare Schemes of Agriculture.
Contribution of Service Sector.
Infrastructure and resources of Madhya Pradesh.
Demographic scenario of Madhya Pradesh and its impacts on the economy of Madhya Pradesh.
Industrial sector, growth, trends and challenges.
Availability of skilled human resources, employability and productivity of human resources, Different trends of employment.
Human Resource Development
Education:- Elementary education, Quality of Higher, Vocational, Technical and Medical Education. Issues related to girl’s education. Issues related with following social classes and their welfare
programmes:- Differently abled classes, Senior Citizens, Children, Women, Under privileged classes and Displaced groups arising out of developmental projects.
Elements of social harmony, concept of civilisation and culture. Features of Indian Rituals: Various references, Caste system. Ashram, Purushartha, Chatushtya, Religion and sect influences on society and methods of marriage.
Community Development Programme, Extension Education, Panchayati Raj, Role of Non Governmental Organizations (NGO’s) in Community Development. Recent trends in Voluntary sector regarding Rural Development, Family Court.
Population and Health Problems, Health Education, and Empowerment, Family Welfare Programmes, Population Control.
Status of Tribes in Madhya Pradesh, Social Structure, customs, Beliefs, Marriage, Kinship, Religious Beliefs and Traditions, Festivals and Celebrations in Tribes.
Women Education, Family Health, Vital Statistics, Causes and effects of malnutrition, Goverment Programmes of supplementary nutrition, Technological inventions in the field of Immunology, Remedies (Treatment and Cure) of communicable and non communicable diseases.
World Health Organization:- Objectives, Structure, Functions and Programmes.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Work, Power and Energy- Gravitational Force, Friction, Atmospheric Pressure and Work.
Units and Measurement, Example from daily life.
Speed, Velocity , Acceleration
Sound:- Definition, Medium of Propagation, Audible and Inaudible sound, Noise and Music.
Terminology related with Sound:- Amplitude, Wave Length, Frequency of Vibration.
Electricity:- Different types of Cell, Circuit.
Magnet:- Properties, preparation and uses of artificial magnet
Light:- Reflection, Refraction, Mirrors and Lenses , Image Formation,
Heat: Measuring Temperature, Thermometers, Transformation of Heat.
Element, Compound and Mixture:- Definition, Chemical Symbols, Properties, Availability on the Earth,
Material:- Metals and Non Metals, Periodic Table and Periodicity.
Atom, Atomic Structure, Valancy, Bonding, Nuclear Fusion and Fission.
Acids, Bases and Salts. pH Value Indicators.
Physical and Chemical Changes.
Chemistry in daily life
Micro-organism and Organic Farming.
Cell –Structure and Function, Classification of Animals and Plants.
Nutrition in plants, animals and human beings, Balanced Diet, Vitamins, Deficiency Diseases, Hormones,
Body Organs of Human Beings, Structure and Functioning.
Respiration in Organisms.
Transportation in Animals and Plants.
Reproduction in Animals and Plants
Health and Hygiene and Diseases.
Types of Computers, Characteristics and Generation.
Memory, Input and Output Devices, Storage Devices, Software and Hardware, Operating systems, Windows, Uses of Microsoft office.
Computer Languages, Translators, Compilers, Interpreters and Assemblers.
Different useful Portals, Sites and Web Pages.
Numbers and its type, Methods of Unit Measurement, Equations and Factors, Profit loss, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Ratio Proportion.
Statistics:- Probability, Measurement of Central Tendency (Mean, Mode, Median) and Variance, Types of Sampling.
Communicable diseases and their Prevention.
National Vaccination Programme.
Primary Knowledge of AYUSH – Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy
Health Related Important Welfare Schemes of Central and State Government.
Major Health Organizations of Central and the State Government.
Effects of Development on Human Life, Limitations of Indigenous Technologies.
History of Remote Sensing, Remote Sensing in India.
Indian Space Research Organization] (ISRO) * Raja Ramanna Center for Atomic Technology (RRCAT) * Satish Dhawan Space Center (SDSC) Shriharikota * Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) * Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC), Mumbai * Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai * National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL), Tirupati, Liquid Propulsion System Center (LPSC), Bengluru * Space Application Center (SAC), Ahmedabad * Indian Deep Space Network (IDSN) * Ramanagara, Indian Space Science Data Center(ISSDC), Ramanagara * Vikram Sarabhai Space Center (VSSC), Thiruananthpuram * Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruananthpuram* National Remote Sensing Center (NRSC), Hyderabad * Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), Dehradoon* (General information of above institutions).
Generations of Geostationary Satellite Launch Vehicles.
Biotechnology: Definition, uses in Sector of Health and Medicine, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Industry and Environment.
Clones, Robots and Artificial Intelligence.
Patents and Rights of Intellectual Property (Trips, Trims)
Contribution of Indians in the field of Science and Technology: Chandrashekhar Venkata Raman, Hargovind Khurana, Jagdish Chandra Basu, Homi Jahangir Bhabha, M. Vishveshraiya, Srinivas Ramanujan, Vikram Sarabhai, A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, Satendra Nath Bose. Raja Ramanna, Prafullchandra Roy.
National and International Awards in the field of Science.
Conventional and Non-Conventional Sources of Energy: Meaning, Definition, Examples and Differences
Energy Efficiency, Energy Management, Organizational Integration, Energy Management in Operational Functions, Energy Purchase, Production, Production planning and Control, Maintenance.
Issues and Challenges related with Energy Strategies
Alternate Sources of Energy: Present scenario and future possibilities. Solar Energy, Wind Energy, Oceanic Energy, Geothermal Energy, Biomass Energy, Biofuel Energy etc.
Definition, Scope and Dimensions of Environment:– Physical, Economic, Cultural, Educational, Psychological etc, Concepts of Environment in Indian context, Concepts of Environment in Modern World.
Effect of human activities on Environment, Ethics and Values related to Environment; Biodiversity, Environmental Pollution, Environmental Changes.
Issues and challenges related with Environment, Causes and effects of Environmental Degradation
Environmental Education: Programmes for Mass Awareness, – Environmental Education and its relationship with Health and Safety.
Eco friendly Technologies, Conservation of Energy, Constitutional provisions related to Environment and its Protection. Environmental Protection Policies and Regulatory Framework
Definition and importance of Geology, Earth- Crust, Mantle, Core Lithosphere, Hydrosphere, Origin and Age of Earth, Geological Time Scale, Rock-Definition, Types of Rocks-Igneous, Sedimentary and Metamorphic Rock. Minerals and Ores, Fossils, Weathering and Erosion, Formation of soil, Groundwater, Natural Coal, Natural Oil and Gas.
PHILOSOPHY, PSYCHOLOGY AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
Philosophers/Thinkers, Social Reformers:- Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Mahavir, Buddha, Acharya Shankar, Charwak, GuruNanak, Kabir, Tulsidas, Ravindra Nath Tagore, Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Savitribai Phule, Swami Dayanand Saraswati, Swami Vivekanand, Maharshi Arvind and Sarvpalli Radhakrishnan.
Attitude: Content, Elements, Function Formation of Attitude, Attitudinal Change, Persuasive Communication, Prejudice and Discrimination, Stereotypes Orthodox in Indian context.
Aptitude – Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, Integrity, Impartiality and Non-partisanship, Objectivity, Dedication to public service, Empathy, Tolerance and Compassion towards the weaker-sections.
Emotional Intelligence- Emotional Intelligence-Concepts, their utilities and application in Administration and Governance.
Human Needs and Motivation
Ethics and Values in Public Administration:- Ethical elements in governance – Integrity, Accountability and Transparency, Ethical Reasoning and Moral Dilemmas, Conscience as a source of ethical guidance. Code of Conduct for Civil Servants, Implementation of Higher values in governance.
Corruption:- Types and Causes of Corruption, Effects of corruption, Approaches to minimizing corruption, Role of society, Media, Family and Whistleblower, United Nation Convention on Corruption, Measuring corruption, Transparency International, Lokpal and Lokayukt.
Case Studies: – Based on the contents of the syllabus.
Students Having any doubts regarding the MPPSC Syllabus may just leave a comment below and our MPPSC Experts would try to resolve the queries at earliest.
Once the Students are familiarized with the MPPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus they can proceed with the Following Links important for the MPPSC Prelims and Mains Exam:-
- Download PDF MPPSC Exam Syllabus 2020 prelims and mains examination in English and Hindi
- Services details , pay scale and Job Profiles for MPPSC Officiers
- MPPSC Examination Pattern and Stages
- MPPSC Exam prelims strategy and MPPSC Exam books for prelims exam
- MPPSC Exam mains strategy and MPPSC Exam books for Mains exam
- Online Test Series for MPPSC Exam Prelims and Mains Examination
- MPPSC Study Material
- MPPSC Exam 2020 New Updated Exam Calendar
- MPPSC Exam Notifications for 2020
- MPPSC Exam Previous Year Exam Papers- Prelims and Mains Exam
- MPPSC Exam Result 2020
- MPPSC Exam Cut-off marks of Prelims and Mains Exam 2020
- MPPSC Exam Answer Key 2020
- MPPSC Exam Eligibility 2020
- MPPSC Exam Admit Card 2020
- Apply Online for MPPSC Exam 2020