- Cm’s Nod To Second Phase Of Narmada, Kshipra Link Project
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has approved the second phase of the Narmada-Kshipra link for permanent solution of water problem being faced by the Malwa region. Presiding over the 58th meeting of Narmada Control Board, he has given approval for the construction of this project costing Rs 2,215 crore.
- Under the project, 15 cumex water will be lifted at the height of 359 meter from the Omkareshwar reservoir and will be supplied to Kshipra basin near village Kakukhedi district Indore situated at a distance of 45 km from the reservoir. Ten cumex water will be utilized for irrigation and 5 cumex water will be provided to the industries out of total water. This project will facilitate irrigation facility on 30 thousand hectare area of Ujjain and Shajapur districts.
- The water will be provided through underground pipeline with pressure, which will make irrigation possible by sprinkler system. Beside irrigation, potable water will be provided to Dewas, Ujjain, Nagda, Maksi, Shajapur, Ghatiya and Tarana. Moreover, the water will also be provided to the industrial units located in Ujjain under the project.
- Besides, the first phase of Narmada-Kalisindh costing Rs 3,490 crore and second phase worth Rs 4,407 crore have been sanctioned recently. The Chief Minister Chouhan mentioned that Narmada-Malwa link projects will become strong base to restore the grandeur of Malwa region.
· US Author George Saunders Wins 2017 Man Booker Prize
- US author George Saunders won the 2017 Man Booker Prize.
- He became only the second American writer to win Britain’s renowned Prize, which was awarded for his first full-length novel “Lincoln in the Bardo”.
- The 2016 Man Booker Prize went to ‘The Sellout’ by Paul Beatty.
· Zimbabwe bans Fruit, Vegetable imports as Forex Crunch Deepens
- The east African landlocked country Zimbabwe, with immediate effect, banned the import of fruits and vegetables to preserve the scarce foreign currencies.
- Last year Zimbabwe spent more than $80 million on fruit and vegetables which included tomatoes, onions, carrots, grapes, apples and oranges.
- Many of the Zimbabweans are keeping U.S. dollars at home or they are spending in buying Hard Currency on the black market. This same situation was prevailing during the period of hyperinflation a decade ago.
· Pakistan elected among 15 nations to UN Human Rights Council
- The15 member nations including Pakistan have been elected to serve on the United Nations (UN) Human Rights Council.
- 15 new member nations who have been elected are Afghanistan, Angola, Australia, Chile, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mexico, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Qatar, Senegal, Slovakia, Spain and Ukraine.
- Google Viewed as Most Authentic Brand in India: Survey
- Indian consumers regard Google as the most authentic brand, even though Amazon.com tops the list globally, reveal results of a new survey.
- In India, Google is followed by Microsoft, Amazon.com, Maruti Suzuki and Apple.
- Globally, Apple takes the second spot after Amazon in the authenticity race, according to the results revealed by Cohn & Wolfe.
· Ministry of Women and Child Development launches campaign on ‘women for women’
- The Ministry ofWomen and Child Developmentis undertaking an online campaign #IamThatWoman.
- The main aim seeks to highlight the various aspects of women standing ‘by’ and ‘for’ women. Ministry of WCD has urged people to shun stereotypes associated with women harming other women. Twitter and Facebook users have been encouraged to tag and share stories of women helping women with a photograph and post online with the hashtag #IamThatWoman.
- A woman manager can easily empathize with her female juniors and help her climb the ladder of success.
· MCX launches first commodity options trading with gold
- Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX)launched trading in Gold option’s contract in presence of Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- Underlying for Gold options contract which is currently available for trading are Gold (1 Kg) futures expiring on November 28, 2017, and January 29, 2018.
- The Options in securities and commodities market are primarily meant for hedging. However they are also used for speculation.
- Haryana records 39 percent of all cancer cases in India
- Cancer is strengthening its grip across India, and reportedly, Haryana has a major share, with over 39% of cases recorded in the state.
- Approximately 17.3 lakh new cancer cases are being estimated by the year 2020 in India, therefore with the present trends Haryana might have around 6.5 lakh cancercases by then.
- Breast cancer has a majority share of cancer cases and is the leading cause for deaths in women suffering with non-communicable disease.
- According to an Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) report, breast cancer shares 10% of all cases.
- Hema Malini’s Biography:Beyond The Dream Girl
- Deepika Padukone launched the biography of veteran actress Hema Malini in Mumbai.
- The biography, titled ‘Beyond The Dream Girl’, is written by Ram Kamal Mukherjee, and was unveiled on Hema Malini’s 69th birthday (October 16).
- The biography’s foreword has been written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes