- Govt spreads welfare schemes awareness through website
- To spread awareness among the common man about the welfare schemes of the state government, innovative efforts are being made constantly through the most popular website www.mpinfo.org of the state government.
- Use of sharing tool has also been started by the Public Relations Department for publicity through social media. WhatsApp, Face Book, Twitter and Google Plus Tool have also been included under this, which facilitate citizens to share information directly. Not only this, social media accounts of all the government are also available on single platform. Besides, social media accounts of Collectors-Commissioners and PROs are also being made available on the platform.
- Constant efforts are being made by the Department of Public Relations to make common man aware of the welfare schemes of the state government. News and information are being shared instantly through social media and innovations now.
· Rashida Tlaib set to become 1st Muslim woman in US Congress
- She (42-year-old) is the daughter of Palestinian immigrants and won a Democratic primary election to represent Michigan’s 13thdistrict, securing 33.6 percent of the vote.
- Tlaib is set to replace John Conyers.
- She served in the Michigan state house from 2009 to 2014, and was also the first Muslim womanever elected to the state’s legislature.
· Oscar Academy is adding a New Category for Popular Films
- The new Oscar will be awarded for “Outstanding Achievement in Popular Film” and will be introduced this coming year, at the 91st
- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which awards the Oscars, has added a new category after 17 years to recognise popular films.
- The last category to be added was ‘Best AnimatedFeature Film’.
· Largest museum of US to return 2 ancient sculptures to India
- An eighth-century stone sculpture of Goddess Durgaand a third century limestonesculpture ‘Head of a Male Deity‘ will be returned to India by the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the largest museum in the US.
- The stone sculpture of Durga Mahishasuramardini was donated to the museum in 2015.
- The limestone sculpture, donated in 1986, was part of Nagarjunakonda Site Museum’s excavated inventory
· Government introduced four GST amendment Bills
- The government introduced four Billsto amend the Goods and Services Tax (GST) laws in order to make the return forms simpler and raise the turnover threshold for availing composition scheme to 1.5 crore.
- The four amendment Bills are the Central GST (Amendment) Bill, the Integrated GST (Amendment) Bill, the GST (Compensation to States) Amendment Bill and the Union Territory GST (Amendment) Bill. Initially, the Bill was aimed to help the MSME sector and small traders.
· NSE unveiled new logo at its silver jubilee celebration
- The National Stock Exchange(NSE), India’s largest equity bourse, has celebrated its silver jubilee by unveiling its new logo, which is a modern representation of a blooming marigold with red, yellow, orange, and blue hues.
- The celebrations were attended by former prime minister Manmohan Singh, Union minister Nitin Gadkari, NITI Aayog deputy chairman Rajiv Kumar, and Delhi lieutenant-governor Anil Baijal.
- The NSE was inaugurated by Singh in 1994 when he was finance minister.
· Project ‘SWAYAM’ launched By HRD Ministry
- ‘Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds’ (SWAYAM), aims to provide one integrated platform and portal for online courses.
- This course covers all higher education subjects and skill sector courses.
- The main objective is to ensure that every student in the country has access to the best quality higher education at the affordable cost.
- Immovable Property (Amendment) Bill, 2017
- The Requisitioning and Acquisition of Immovable Property (Amendment) Bill, 2017 which was moved by Union Urban Development Minister Hardeep Singh Puri, was adopted by a voice vote.
- The Lok Sabha had passed the bill in December last year.
It aimed to amend the regulations governing the compensation payable for acquisition of immovable property by the Centre for defence and security purposes.
· Govt to provide discount of Rs. 15 per kg on pulses for poor
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) decided to provide a discount of ₹15/kg on pulses, over the wholesale market price, to States for distribution under welfare schemes like mid-day meal, Public Distribution System (PDS), and Integrated Child Development Programmes (ICDP).
- States and Union Territories will be offered to lift 34.88 lakh tonnes of Tur, Chana, Masoor, Moong and Uradat the discount of ₹15/kg over the prevailing wholesale market price on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The Government will spend ₹5,237 crorefor implementing this scheme.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes