· 25,000 schools to have shala siddhi
ð Concrete efforts are being made to improve quality in school education in State. In this regard, School Education Department has introduced ‘Shala Siddhi’ Programme in 25,000 government schools in the state.
ð Plan for improvement has been chalked out for each school earmarked under ‘Shala Siddhi’ Programme. This year, 15,000 government schools will be adopted by officers of school education department under the programme and in the same academic session, the schools will be upgraded.
ð Resolution has been taken by officers of school education department from district level to Sankul level in each district by adopting one or two schools, participating actively with teachers as school friend.
ð In the first phase of Pratibha Parv, assessment of mathematics and science subjects of class 6th and 7th students will be made by each officer in adopted middle school in the coming three days from December 5.
ð This assessment will be made similar to the survey carried out in national achievement survey.
- Venezuela to Launch Oil-Backed Cryptocurrency
- Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro has announced the launch of a sovereign cryptocurrency “petro” which could bypass the U.S.-led financial sanctions, according to a market commentator.
- It is no surprise that digital currencies have become more popular as reports have been emerging that Venezuela’s economic crisis is triggering increased use of Bitcoin due to its currency — the bolivar — plunging in value.
- Caracas is the capital of Venezuela. Bolivar is the currency of Venezuela.
· World Soil Day is observed on 5th December
- World Soil Dayis observed on 5th December across the world.
- The 2017 Themefor World Soil Day is ‘Caring for the Planet starts from the Ground’.
- The main aim to communicate messages on the importance of soil quality for food security, healthy ecosystems and human well-being.
- It is celebrated annually on the 5th of December at the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) headquarters in Rome, the regional offices and through national and local events.
· Google launches Android Oreo Go edition for low-end phones
- Technology giant Google launched a lightweight Android Oreo Go edition operating system designed for devices with RAM up to 1 GB.
- According to Google, the Android Go offers 30% faster startup time and up to 2 times optimisation of storage space. There’s also a Go version of the Play store with lightweight apps including YouTube Go and Gmail Go.
· Ellie Goulding Honored as UN Environment Global Goodwill Ambassador
- British singer-songwriter Ellie Gouldingsigned as a Global Goodwill Ambassador for UN Environment, joining the fight to save the lives and habitats of people and animals by cleaning up our air and seas, fighting climate change and protecting species.
- Ellie is also backing UN Environment’s #CleanSeas campaign.
· Paytm Payments Bank Unveils Paytm FASTag Across India
- Paytm Payments Bank rolled out Paytm FASTagto enable electronic toll fee collection on highways across the country, in line with the government’s move to make FASTag mandatory on every new vehicle sold from December 1.
- The Paytm FASTag – which is a simple and reusable tag based on radio-frequency identification technology (RFID) that can be placed on a vehicle’s windscreen – will allow commuters to pass through 380 toll plazas across India covering 55,000 km without having to stop.
· Prithvi Shaw Named India’s Captain for 2018 U-19 World Cup
- Mumbai’s 18-year-old batsman Prithvi Shawhas been named the captain of the Indian Under-19 team for the 2018 U-19 World Cup
- The tournament is scheduled to be held in New Zealand starting January 13, 2018. This comes after Shaw slammed three tons and two fifties in five Ranji Trophy matches this season.
- Punjab’s Shubman Gill has been named as Shaw’s deputy.
· India allows 1,300 Buddhists from Myanmar to enter Mizoram
- The Indian governmentallowed over 1,300 Buddhist refugees from Myanmar’s Rakhine region to enter Mizoram. The refugees fled Rakhine due to the ongoing war between the Myanmar’s Army and the Arakan Army, comprising Buddhist insurgents instructed to Additional police, health workers and doctors have also been deployed for the refugees.
· Amitabh Bachchan Launches Book on Indian Cinema
- Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchanlaunched a book based on Indian cinema in showbiz capital Mumbai.
- The book, titled ‘Bollywood: The Films! The Songs! The Stars!’, is a coffee table book, which provides historical insights, lesser-known facts and behind-the-scenes exclusives of the most iconic movies made in the history of the Indian film industry.
- MPPCS Mains 2019 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes