- Kamal Nath government to approve four major schemes on eve of Rahul Gandhi’s visit
- The Kamal Nath cabinet is likely to approve three major Vachan Patra promises — the biggest of them being unemployment allowance of Rs 4,000 per month.
- It’s the first time that the jobless will get such an allowance in Madhya Pradesh. Going by the manifesto, only BPL card holders who are MP residents can avail of the scheme.
- Strengthening the youth outreach, the Congress government will roll out on Thursday a scheme guaranteeing 100 days of work for urban youth.
- The government will also approve 2% hike in DA for state government employees and double social security pension for the elderly from Rs 300 to Rs 600.
· Google to shut down its Google Plus platform
- Google is to shut downits Google Plus platform, which had been originally conceived as a social networking option different from Facebook and Twitter. This announcement was made in December 2018. The reason for the shutdown was prompted by a major security breach, besides the lack of a growth trajectory that Google had anticipated.
- The shutdown process has started. The option for users to create new Google+ profiles, pages, communities or events is no longer available, since February 4. The option for using Google+ for comments was removed from Blogger on February 4, and from other sites, it will be removed by March 7. All the Google+ comments will be deleted starting April 2.
· ISRO launched GSAT-31 fromFrench Guiana
- Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) 40th communication satellite GSAT-31 has been launched successfully by European launch services provider- Ariane-5 rocket from French Guiana. It placed GSAT-31 in the intended Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit.
- Weighing about 2,535 kg,the GSAT-31 will provide continuity to operational services on some of the in-orbit satellites.
- GSAT-31 is to provide transponder capacity for supporting VSAT networks, Television uplinks, Digital Satellite News Gathering, DTH television services, cellular backhaul connectivity, and many such applications.
- Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Qutub Minar Among Top 10 Revenue-Generating Monuments
- Culture Ministery recently revealed the top revenue-generating monuments in the country between 2015 and 2018.
- The top revenue-generating monuments during 2015-18 include Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Qutub Minar, Red Fort and Humayun’s Tomb.
- Others in the top 10 list for the period of 2015-2018 include Agra Fort, Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Sun Temple in Konark, Mamallapuram, Ellora caves, group of monuments in Khajuraho, and the Ajanta caves in Aurangabad.
- Tourism contributes nearly 9.4% of the country’s GDP and supports 8% of its total employment.
· PM JAY App has been launched on Google play store
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) Apphas been launched on Google play store. Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) is a centrally sponsored scheme. The scheme was launched in the year 2018 under the Ayushman Bharat Mission of MoHFW in the country.
- This scheme aims at making interventions in primary, secondary and tertiary care systems, covering both preventive and promotive health, to address healthcare holistically. Moving ahead to digitalization this app is now available on Google Play store.
· Union Minister Smriti Irani launches India Size project in Mumbai
- Union Minister of Textiles Smriti Iranilaunched the India Size project in Mumbai.
- A first-of-its-kind project in the history of the country, India Size aims to arrive at a standard Indian Size for the ready-to-wear clothing industry, on the lines of the standardized sizes available in countries such as the USA and the UK.
- India size project will benefit manufacturers, consumers and generate data which will help tap into the potential of the sector.
- The Minister also launched a Study of Apparel Consumption in India.
· MoEF approved bullet train via flamingo and Sanjay Gandhi national park
- A committee, chaired by Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan, approved wildlife clearance to the Mumbai-Ahmedabad fast bullet train corridor that encroaches upon a Thane Creek Flamingo Sanctuaryand the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, the home to leopards, in Mumbai.
- The proposal involves diversion of 3.2756 ha of forestland from the Thane Creek Flamingo Wildlife Sanctuary and 97.5189 ha of land close to the boundary of the forest’s protected area. The project for one of India’s first ‘bullet trains’ was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpartShinzo Abe in Ahmedabad in September 2017. It is expected to be ready by 2022.
· Panic button on phones likely to debut on Feb 19
- After Himachal Pradesh and Nagaland made a successful beginning with the panic button on mobile phones linked to an emergency response support system (ERSS) late last year, the Centre is all set to formally announce its plans for a phased roll out across states and the system’s pan-India expansion. The official launch by the Centre of the first phase and calling upon other states to follow is likely to be scheduled for February 19.
- Besides, HP and Nagaland where the system has taken off smoothly, a number of other states where the system is taking shape will be showcased at this formal announcement. The details are being worked out, sources at the women and child development ministry said.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes