3.03 lakh metric tonnes more urea distributed than last year
Chief Minister Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said that there is sufficient availability of urea and other fertilizers for farmers in the Seva Sahakari Samitis and godowns of the marketing federations in all the districts of the state. Farmers can get fertilizers from the samitis or marketing federation centres as per their requirement. There is no dearth of any fertilizer.
Till July 13 in this kharif year, 10.26 lakh metric tonnes of urea has been distributed in the state, which is 3.03 lakh metric tonnes more compared to last year. Last year, 4.7 lakh metric tonnes of urea was distributed through marketing federations and 2.44 lakh metric tonnes from cooperative sector till this period. At the same time,this year 6.17 lakh metric tonne urea has been distributed to farmers from marketing federation centres and 4.09 lakh metric tonne urea from cooperative sector.
Indian Navy holds passage exercise
- Indian Navy holds passage exercise with ‘USS Nimitz’ carrier group near the Andaman and Nicobar (A&N) islands as it is transiting the Indian Ocean.
- USS Nimitz, the U.S. Navy’s largest aircraft carrier, is returning from the South China Sea through the Malacca Straits, where it recently conducted integrated operations along with the USS Ronald Reagan carrier strike group
United Arab Emirates launches mission to Mars
- The United Arab Emirates launched its first mission to Mars ,Hope probe from Japan’s Tanegashima Space Center .
- The Emirates Mars Mission has cost $200 million and aims to provide a complete picture of the Martian atmosphere for the first time, studying daily and seasonal changes.
Phase-1 testing of indigenous COVID-19 vaccine
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) will start screening volunteers for phase-1 testing of the indigenous COVID-19 vaccine, Covaxin, , on healthy persons aged 18-55, without co-morbidities.
- Phase-1 human trials also began at the Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) in Hyderabad, with two healthy volunteers administered the first dose of Covaxin.
Consumer Protection Act, 2019 comes into force from 20th July 2020
- Act includes establishment of the Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) and rules for prevention of unfair trade practice by e-commerce platforms
- Consumer Protection Act 2019 will be a significant tool in protecting consumer rights; provides for simplifying the consumer dispute adjudication process and introduces concept of product liability
- Act includes establishment of the Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) to promote, protect and enforce the rights of consumers. The CCPA will be empowered to conduct investigations into violations of consumer rights and institute complaints / prosecution, order recall of unsafe goods and services, order discontinuance of unfair trade practices and misleading advertisements, impose penalties on manufacturers/endorsers/publishers of misleading advertisements.
- under this act every e-commerce entity is required to provide information relating to return, refund, exchange, warranty and guarantee, delivery and shipment, modes of payment, grievance redressal mechanism, payment methods, security of payment methods, charge-back options, etc. including country of origin which are necessary for enabling the consumer to make an informed decision at the pre-purchase stage on its platform.
MoD signs contract with BEML for procurement of 1,512 Mine Plough for T-90 tanks
- With an aim to boost ‘Make in India’ initiative of the Government Acquisition Wing of Ministry of Defence (MoD), has signed a Contract with Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) for procurement of 1,512 Mine Plough (MP) for Tank T-90 S/SK at an approximate cost of Rs 557 crore. The contract has Buy and Make (Indian) categorisation with a minimum of 50 per cent indigenous content in make portion of the contract.
- These mine ploughs will be fitted on T-90 Tanks of Indian Armoured Corps which will facilitate individual mobility to Tanks while negotiating mine field. Mobility of Tank Fleet will enhance manifold, which in turn would extend the reach of Armoured Formation deep into enemy territory without becoming mine causality.
Zoram Mega Food Park in Mizoram
- Zoram Mega Food Park to provide employment to 5000 persons and to benefit about 25000 farmers
- First MFP of Mizoram to leverage additional investment of about Rs. 250 crores
- 30 food processing units in the park and would eventually lead to a turnover of about Rs. 450-500 Crores annually.
- This is the first Mega Food Park operationalized in the State of Mizoram.
Manodarpan initiative of HRD Ministry
- The ‘Manodarpan ’ initiative has been included in the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, as a part of strengthening human capital and increasing productivity and efficient reform and initiatives for the education sector.
- ‘MANODARPAN’ covering a wide range of activities to provide Psychosocial Support to students for their Mental Health & Well-being during the COVID outbreak and beyond.
- No postal ballot in Bihar
- No postal ballot as over 70 lakh electors in 65-plus age group in Bihar
- Election Commission decided that it would not be possible to arrange the postal ballot facility for about 72 lakh electors, about 10% of the total 7.19 crore electors in the State.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes