- Class 1 online admission is on under RTE act
- The process of online application for admission to Class I in private schools has begun from June 8 in the state under the Right to Education Act. The last date for online application is June 23. The School Education Department has issued instructions regarding the admission process to the District Collectors.
- Regarding the procedure, it has been stated that the applicant will register the options of private schools in his village or ward on the online portal.
- The applicant will be allocated seats in non-government schools on the basis of eligibility through online lottery on the options given by the applicant. Aadhaar number has not been compulsory at the time of online application, but it has been mandatory to verify the aadhar number at the time of verification of documents.
- The Collectors have been asked to direct the selected schools that the number of 25 percent seats should be registered essentially on the portal. Stern action will be taken against schools that do not register information of the reserved seats for violation of the provision. Children whose parents belong to the deprived and weaker section will be eligible for the Right to Free and Compulsory Education Act. Scheduled castes, tribes, families of forest land patta holders, denotified tribes, disabled children and HIV-positive children have been included in the deprived group. In the weaker section, children and orphans from families living below the poverty line are included.
- The minimum age for Nursery, KG-1 and KG-2 has been fixed at 3 to 5 years. The minimum age of a child for admission in Class-I has been fixed at 5 to 7 years. Instructions have been given to display 25 percent reserved seats district wise and school wise and annual fee of the school on the portal.
- G7 summit 2018 held in Canada
- The 44th G7 summit was held on June 8–9, 2018, in La Malbaie, Quebec, Canada.This was the sixth time since 1981 that Canada has hosted the meetings.
- The summit received significant attention due to a significant decline of relations of members with the United States.
- Due to this, the summit was dubbed the “G6+1” by France and some members of the media.
· India and Belgium gears up to celebrate International Yoga Day
- India, Belgium, and the European Union are jointly organizing events in the Belgian capital and across the country to celebrate the 4th International Day of Yoga.
- In this regard, the Embassy of India, Brussels, on 21 June 2018 in partnership with the European Parliament and the Art of Living Foundation, and on 24 June 2018 in collaboration with the Ministry of Housing, Environment, and Energy of the Brussels Capital Region Government, the City of Brussels and Vidonne Asbl will organize events on yoga, wellness and harmony of body and mind.
- At the European Parliament, a special yoga session will be held on 21 June 2018 from 1200-1330 hrs at the Yehudi Menuhin Space.
- The event will be graced by Antonio Tajani, President of the European Parliament, and Sushma Swaraj, External Affairs Minister of India.
- The yoga and meditation session will be led by renowned Indian spiritual leader and Yoga Guru, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. Members of European Parliament, officials from the
- European Commission and European External Action Service and other dignitaries are expected to participate in the event.
- The Embassy of India in Brussels, in association with local authorities and yoga foundations, is organizing “Brussels Yoga Day” events at the city’s Bois de la Cambre Park on June 24.
· Highway Tunnel Dedicates To Nation In North Sikkim
- Minister of State for Defence, Dr, Subhash Bhamre dedicated a highway tunnel at Theng near Chungthang in north Sikkim to the nation.
- The tunnel will benefit the tourism and rapidly propel the growth of the state.
- The double-lane tunnel stretching about 600 meters has been constructed by the Border Roads Organisation at cost of over 42 crore rupees.
· Reserve Bank of India Amends Gold Monetisation Scheme To Make It More Attractive
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) made changes in the Gold Monetisation Scheme (GMS) to make it more attractive.
- The revamping of the scheme is aimed at enabling people to open a hassle-free gold deposit account.
- The short-term deposits should be treated as bank’s on-balance sheet liability. These deposits will be made with the designated banks for a short period of 1-3 years (with a facility of rollover). Deposits can also be allowed for broken periods (e.g. 1 year 3 months; 2 years 4 months 5 days; etc.).
- Union Government launches 5000 Wi-Fi Choupals in villages and delivery of rail tickets through Common Service Centres
- Union Government launched 5,000 Wi-Fi Choupalsin villages and delivery of rail tickets through Common Service Centres (CSCs).
- It was inaugurated by Electronics and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad in New Delhi yesterday. The move is aimed at transforming rural Internet connectivity through BharatNet.
- The WiFi Choupals will enable people in rural areas with an effective Internet access for their various digital processes.
- Ravi Shankar Prasad with the concept of the power of information, CSCs are running a mass movement of digitalization which, in turn, empower the common man.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi appreciated CSCs efforts in Singapore which is a great recognition for all the Common Services Centres- Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs).
- Mr Prasad announced that the Prime Minister will address CSC- VLEs on 15th of this month.
· V K Singh Flags Off 1st Batch Of Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
- Minister of State for External Affairs V K Singh flagged off the 1st batch of three-month-long Kailash Mansarovar Yatra-2018in New Delhi.
- The Yatra will continue till the 8th of September 2018.
- There are two routes for the Yatra, one through Lipulekh Pass in Uttarakhand which involves some trekking also.
- The other route is through Nathu La Pass in Sikkim, which is motorable and suitable for senior citizens who unable to undertake arduous trekking.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes