- Mp honoured as best state for agriculture production
- Madhya Pradesh was honoured with the Best State Award in New Delhi on Saturday for best performance in integrated agriculture production.
- Madhya Pradesh has been ranked first in overall agriculture production, Orissa stands second, Telangana third, Andhra Pradesh fourth and Maharashtra is in the fifth position.
- Madhya Pradesh was judged on several criteria for the India Today Agro Award. Agricultural experts of the country studied agricultural statistics of various states. After this, it was concluded that Madhya Pradesh has achieved a special milestone in increasing the wheat production in year 2015-16. The productivity of wheat in the state is 176.80 lakh tonnes. The productivity of wheat per hectare has reached 2,993 kg.
- It was told at the award programme that Madhya Pradesh is that state in the country which has maintained it outstanding performance in cultivation. Statistics of the agricultural yields of the state government show that even in bad times, Madhya Pradesh maintained double digit growth rate in agricultural development. It was informed at the function that Madhya Pradesh has been receiving the Krishi Karman Award for Agriculture Development given by the Central Agriculture and Farmer Development Ministry for the last five years. It was informed at the ceremony that it is necessary for overall development of agriculture to work together on all aspects related to farming.
· Saudi Arabia becomes last country in the World to allow women to drive
- Women in Saudi Arabia have been legally allowed to drive for the first time in the history of one of the most conservative countries.
- On June 4, Saudi Arabia issued the first driving license to women, as Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saudofficially announced in September 2017 to allow women to drive.
- Driving schools for women have been set up in five cities in the kingdom.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Mundka-Bahadurgarh corridor
- 11-km-long fully elevated Mundka-Bahadurgarh stretch, with seven stations, is an extension of the existing Delhi Metro’s Green Linefrom Inderlok to Mundka.
- Union Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Puri and Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar attended the function in Bahadurgarh.
- Bahadurgarh, is also known as ‘Gateway to Haryana‘.
- This is the third place in Haryana to be brought under Delhi Metro’s network, after Gurugram and Faridabad.
· Russia to supply technical security equipment to India
- Russian state atomic energy corporation Rosatom said that its subsidiary Nikiret has signed an agreement with Indian engineering services firm Core Energy Systems Pvt Ltd for the promotion of its technical security equipment in India.
- According to Core Chief Executive Pranay Kumar, the partnership will explore opportunities in the Indian government’s Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System (CIBMS) project.
· PM Modi inaugurates Rs 3,866 cr Mohanpura irrigation project in Madhya Pradesh
- The Rs. 3,866-crore Mohanpura irrigation project in Rajgarh district in Madhya Pradesh includes a dam and a canal system, which benefit 727 villages in the state.
- It would irrigate 1.25 lakh hectares of land and would also provide drinking water to over 400 villages.
- Madhya Pradesh chief minister – Shivraj Singh Chouhan
· Haryana makes use of LED bulbs mandatory in govt offices by 15 Aug
- As per directions of the Haryana’s Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, all halogen, sodium bulbs and tube lights will be replaced with energy-efficient LED bulbs and tube lights.
- The use of incandescent lamps and purchase of sodium vapour lamps by government sector, government aided sector, boards and corporations and autonomous bodies have already been banned.
· PM Modi to inaugurate 3rd AIIB meeting in Mumbai
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 3rd Annual Meeting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) on June 25-26 in Mumbai.
- The two-day event will be held at the Hotel Trident/Oberoi and NCPA.
- In the past, AIIB annual meetings have been held in Beijing, China, in 2016 and in Jeju, South Korea, in 2017.
· CEMS Sets Up first of its kind 24 Labs in Mumbai and Vizag
- The Centre of Excellence in Maritime & Shipbuilding(CEMS), a well-funded start-up in skill development for maritime and shipbuilding sector, has announced setting up of 24 labs -6 in Mumbai and 18 in Vizag campus.
- This is First-of-Its-Kind Infrastructure in Asia Pacific Region.
· Anukreethy Vas From Tamil Nadu Crowned 2018 Femina Miss India
- Anukreethy Vas, a 19-year-old Tamil Naducollege student, has been crowned Femina Miss India 2018 in a grand ceremony in Mumbai hosted by filmmaker Karan Johar and actor Ayushmann Kurrana.
- Anukreethy Vas was previously crowned fbb Colours Femina Miss Tamil Nadu.
- Meenakshi Chaudhary from Haryana was the first runner-up while Shreya Rao Kamavarapu from Andhra Pradesh secured the second runner-up position.
- Anukreethy Vas will now represent India at Miss World 2018while the two runners-up will represent the country at Miss Grand International 2018 and Miss United Continents 2018 respectively.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes