- MP: Finance minister pitches for 3Ps of rural healthcare
- The budget speech of Jayant Malayia is a clear indication that the government looks to public-private partnership (PPP) mode for a turnaround in rural health sector. The move comes two years after Alirajpur government hospital was outsourced to a private NGO on PPP-mode.
- Malaiya admitted improving healthcare services in rural areas was the need of the hour. The budget has proposed government investment in setup of 10-bed hospitals. Government investment would be 40% of the cost of development, up to Rs 3 crore. In case of tribal areas, the investment would be up to 50% of the project cost.
- The move seeks investment from private partner to invest minimum of Rs one crore for hospital at village level and Rs 4 crore at block level. For every one lakh people, there are only six government doctors in MP. Going by government data, every sixth person in the second largest state does not use government health facilities.
- As per the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines, the state should have about 15,000 doctors against the current strength of barely 5,000.
· Marshall Islands to launch world-first digital legal tender
- The Marshall Islandsin the Pacific Ocean is set to become the first country in the world to recognize cryptocurrency as its legal tender and adopt transparent cryptocurrency as its legal tender and adopt the transparent crypto monetary system.
- The parliament of the island has passed a law to create the digital currency call called “Sovereign” with symbol SOV to raise some hard cash to pay bills and boost the economy.
- The Marshall Islands is partnering with Israeli fintech startup Neema to launch its SOV.
- It will have equal status with US dollar as a form of payment.
- SOV issued by the Marshall Islands will be different from other cryptocurrencies including bitcoin because it will be officially recognized by law as legal documents.
· Myanmar puts off border agreement with India
- Myanmar has indefinitely deferred signing agreement with India to streamline the free movement of people within 16 km along the open border between two countries.
- It has cited domestic compulsions and has asked for more time for the agreement to be sealed.
- Background India and Myanmar share 1,643 km unfenced border along four states viz. Arunachal Pradesh (520 km), Nagaland (215 km), Manipur (398 km) and Mizoram (510 km) and permit free movement regime.
- To give it shape, Central Government had asked four border states with Myanmar to distribute “border pass” to all the residents living within 16 km.
- The agreement will facilitate movement of people on basis of valid passports and visas which will enhance economic and social interaction between two places.
· Rashid Khan Becomes Youngest Captain In International Cricket History
- The leg-spinner from Afghanistan, Rashid Khan (19-year-old) become the youngest captain in international cricket history.
- He now holds the ICC No. 1 rank for bowlers in both the ODIs and T20Is and also became the youngest player ever to hold the top spot for any form of ICC men’s ranking.
- England’s Arran Bindle is the youngest woman player at the age of 19 years and 260 days to lead a team in women’s cricket. She led the England side in a three ODIs in 2001.
- Youngest captains in international cricket:
- Rashid Khan (Afghanistan) – 19 years 159 days.
- Rajin Saleh (Bangladesh) – 20 years 297 days.
- Rodney Trott (Bermuda) – 20 years 332 days.
- Tatenda Taibu (Zimbabwe) – 20 years 342 days.
- Nawab Pataudi (India) – 21 years 77 days.
- National Safety Day: 4 March
- National Safety Day is a Day which is used to make every people get safe from many issues such as Financial Loss, Health problems and also any types of problems in the life of the citizens.
- It is used to celebrate to become more secure from the activities which reflect and change the situation of the people in many ways evil as well as good ways.
- It is celebrated on the 4th March every year in India by the National Safety Council of India.
· International Yoga Festival Held In Rishikesh
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurated the week-long 29th annual, world-famous International Yoga Festival (IYF)in Rishikesh’s Parmarth Niketan.
- The IYF offers daily classes from 4 a.m. until 9:30 p.m. with more than 80 revered saints, Yogacharya, presenters and experts from nearly 20 countries around the world.
- After 25 years, Manik Sarkar steps down as Tripura CM
- Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar tendered his resignation to Governor Tathagata Roy, who asked him to continue in office till the next Chief Minister takes over.
- The BJP-IPFT coalition has swept the polls, winning 43 of the 59 seats for which elections were held.
- The BJP secured 35 seats in the 60-member assembly while its ally IPFT, a tribal based party, has won eight seats.
- Conrad Sangma Will be the Next CM of Meghalaya
- In Meghalaya, NPP chief Conrad K Sangma met Governor Ganga Prasad and submitted the letter of support from other parties.
- The swearing-in of Conard as the chief minister will take place on March 5.
- In Tripura, the government formation process is expected to be completed by March 10.
· Viswanathan Anand Wins Tal Memorial Rapid Chess Title
- World rapid champion Viswanathan Anandannexed the Tal Memorial rapid chess title in Moscow, Russia after an easy final round draw against Boris Gelfand of Israel.
- His solitary loss came at the hands of Shakhriyar Mamedyarov of Azerbaijan in the third round.
· Namaste Shalom- Magazine On India-Israel Relations Launched
- The Union Minister of State (I/C) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Dr Jitendra Singh, launched the social media of “Namaste Shalom”, a magazine on India-Israel relations.
- The magazine ‘Namaste Shalom’ is edited by Tarun Vijay, former MP.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes