- Women shg’s to be linked to livelihood mission: cm
- Special steps towards women empowerment will be taken in Madhya Pradesh. Women self-help groups will be linked to Livelihood Mission to increase income of women. Fifty per cent reservation will be given to women in Government jobs, said Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan while laying the foundation and dedicating various works at Rehti tehsil headquarter in Sehore district.
- Chouhan said that a special scheme will be launched from coming April 1 for women labourers working in the unorganized sector. Pregnant women labourers registered under the scheme will be given Rs 4,000 from 6 to 9 months of pregnancy. After childbirth Rs 12,000 will be deposited in her account. This work will be carried out in the urban areas through urban bodies and in rural areas through gram panchayats.
- The Chief Minister gave information about various public welfare schemes to the people. About Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojana, he told that farmers who do not wish to sell their produce immediately, they can store their produce in the warehouses and sell it when the market rate is high. Government will pay the rent for the storage. He said that the support price for wheat now is Rs 1735 per quintal. The bonus of Rs 265 on this will be paid by the state government. To fulfill the immediate needs of the farmers, arrangement is being made to pay 25 per cent of the cost of the grain kept in warehouses.
- The CM said that the Government’s priority is to provide pucca house to each poor person in the next three years. Chouhan told that 1121 pucca houses will be constructed in Rehti now. Poor persons will be identified in the entire state and houses will be constructed for them. The Chief Minister provided laptops to 11 bank sakhis on the occasion.
- Chouhan laid the foundation stones and dedicated 35 construction works at a cost of Rs 514.26 crore on the occasion. This includes Mardanpur Group Water Supply Scheme at a cost of Rs 274.67 crore. Residents of at least 182 villages will be able to avail tap water facility through this scheme. Chouhan dedicated a new bus stand in Rehti.
- China scrapped two-term limit for Presidential rule
- China has abolished the limit on how long its leader can serve, meaning President Xi could now rule the country indefinitely.
- The amendment overhauls a system introduced by former leader Deng Xiaoping in 1982, which was introduced with the aim of preventing a repeat of the bloody reign of Mao Zedong.
- Until now, presidents had been limited to two consecutive terms.
- Multilateral naval exercise begins in Andamans
- The Indian Navy began an eight-day-long mega naval exercise along with leading maritime powers of the region at the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The biennial exercise — Milan — is taking place in the backdrop of imposition of state of emergency in Maldives and Sri Lanka, two of India’s maritime neighbours.
- 28 warships including 17 from India and 11 from Australia, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand are participating in the 10th exercise.
- Diu becomes first UT to run 100% on solar power
- The harnessing of solar energy has made Diu the country’s first energy surplus Union territory and a model for an effective way for people to harness this renewable energy source.
- In just three years, Diu has made rapid progress in solar power generation.
- Diu generates a total of 13 megawatts of electricity from solar power generating facilities daily.
- Around 3 MW is generated by rooftop solar plants and 10 MW by its other solar power plants.
- India’s top court allows passive euthanasia
- Over a decade after NGO Common Clause filed a petition seeking the right for terminally-ill patients “to die with dignity,” India’s Supreme Court has decreed that passive euthanasia is legally valid across the country.
- In a judgment delivered on March 09, the court said patients have the right to refuse life-support instead of prolonging their pain, and that a “living will,” in which they can authorise family members in advance to let them die, should be recognised.
- The judgment was made by a bench consisting of chief justice Dipak Misra and justices AK Sikri, AM Khanwilkar, DY Chandrachud, and Ashok Bhushanin.
- India is 22nd country to legalize passive euthanasia.
Gk bit – Euthanasia
- Euthanasia is the practice of intentionally ending a life to relieve pain and suffering.
- There are two procedural classifications of euthanasia:
- Passive euthanasiais when life-sustaining treatments are withheld. The definitions are not precise. If a doctor prescribes increasing doses of strong painkilling medications, such as opioids, this may eventually be toxic for the patient. Some may argue that this is passive euthanasia.
- Others, however, would say this is not euthanasia, because there is no intention to take life.
- Active euthanasiais when someone uses lethal substances or forces to end a patient’s life, whether by the patient or somebody else.
- Active euthanasia is more controversial, and it is more likely to involve religious, moral, ethical, and compassionate arguments.
- Intentionally helping a person commit suicide by providing drugs for self-administration, at that person’s voluntary and competent request
- CSO projects the growth of GDP to be 6.6 per cent in 2017-18
- As per the Second Advance estimates released by Central Statistics Office (CSO) the growth of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is estimated to be 6.6 per cent in 2017-18, which is same as the annual average GDP growth rate during last 30 years, starting from 1987-88 to 2016-17.
- However, it may be mentioned that the growth rate of GDP from 2012-13 may not be strictly comparable with the growth rate prior to that period.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi Inaugurates National Legislators Conference On We For Development
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated National Legislators Conference on the theme ‘We For Development’in New Delhi.
- The motive of the conference is to bring MPs and MLAs on a single platform where ideas and plans for development can be exchanged.
- The conference will hold discussions on how women help in the development work being done for the country where ideas on projects and plans can be debated.
- NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant will give a presentation on the first day and the plenary will be presided over by Lok Sabha Deputy Speaker M Thambidurai.
- Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu will address the concluding session.
· India’s Biggest M&E Services Market, EnTTech 2018 Inaugurated
- India’s biggest Media & Entertainment Services Market – enTTech 2018was inaugurated in Mumbai.
- The market, spread over two days saw fast matchmaking between 100 international delegates and their Indian counterparts.
- The event was organized by Service Export Promotion Council (SEPC) in association with MEAI (Media & Entertainment Association of India) and supported by the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India. Indian film industry is the world’s largest industry in terms of the number of films produced.
- Virat Kohli named Uber India’s first brand ambassador
- Popular ridesharing app Uber has announced the appointment of Indian skipper Virat Kohli as its first brand ambassador in India.
- This partnership will see Uber and Virat Kohli joining hands to underscore the company’s commitment to serve billions in the country, in the years to come.
- President receives the book ‘Fulfilling Bapu’s Dreams – Prime Minister Modi’s tribute to Gandhiji’
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, received the first copy of the book ‘Fulfilling Bapu’s Dreams – Prime Minister Modi’s Tribute to Gandhiji’ from Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, who formally released it at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Speaking on the occasion, the President said that this book underscores an important aspect of India’s developmental process.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes