- MP Public Safety Regulation Bill sent to law dept for final nod
- The draft on proposed Madhya Pradesh Public Safety Regulation Bill was on Monday sent to the law department for final consideration even as a section of bureaucrats have voiced their dissent on some of the clauses.
Home minister Bhupendra Singh nodded in favour of all the points mentioned in the bill, especially fixing responsibility on mall owners in maintaining activity log of CCTV footages for a month and sharing it with police as and when required, said sources.
- This was the first time that MP Public Safety Regulation Bill – drafted on the lines of Andhra Pradesh Public Safety (Measures) Enforcement Act, 2013 – was being discussed at government level. Proposed Bill makes it mandatory for all private “establishments”, where a gathering of 100 or more people is expected at a time, to install CCTV surveillance cameras and provide access controls on the activity log.
- The bill will cover all 14 municipal corporations across the state. Once the proposed law is enacted institution managers will have to provide for access controls and closed-circuit television surveillance cameras at all entry-exit points and parking areas. The managements of commercial and industrial establishments will be required to put up electronic surveillance on their respective premises with a provision to store the video footage for one month.
- India ranks 78th on WEF energy transition index
- India has been ranked at 78th, lower than its emerging market peers like Brazil and China, among 114 countries on the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) energy transition index.
- The report titled Fostering Effective Energy Transition, ranks countries on how well they are able to balance energy security and access with environmental sustainability and affordability.
- The overall list was topped by Sweden, followed by Norway at the 2nd position and Switzerland at the 3rd rank.
· Oklahoma To Become first US State To Use Nitrogen Gas For Executions
- Oklahoma plans to start using nitrogen gas for executions, in what would be the first such method of capital punishment in the United States.
- The state is turning to nitrogen after it and other states became unable to acquire drugs required for lethal injections because of opposition from manufacturers to their products being used for capital punishment.
- Nitrogen is an odorless and tasteless gas that makes up about 78% of the air humans breathe but causes death when inhaled without any oxygen.
- Oklahoma has not carried out an execution since 2015.
- LaQshya program for pregnant woman
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has recently announced the launch of program ‘LaQshya’, aimed at improving quality of care in labour room and maternity Operation Theatre (OT).
- The Program will improve quality of care for pregnant women in labour room, maternity Operation Theatre and Obstetrics Intensive Care Units (ICUs) and High Dependency Units (HDUs).
- The LaQshya program is being implemented at all Medical College Hospitals, District Hospitals and First Referral Unit (FRU), and Community Health Center (CHCs) and will benefit every pregnant woman and new-born delivering in public health institutions.
- ‘LaQshya’ will reduce maternal and newborn morbidity and mortality, improve quality of care during delivery and immediate post-partum period and enhance satisfaction of beneficiaries and provide Respectful Maternity Care (RMC) to all pregnant women attending public health facilities.
- KUSUM Scheme – harnessing solar power for rural India
- The Government of India is in the process of formulating a Scheme ‘Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (KUSUM)’ which, inter alia, provides for Installation of grid-connected solar power plants each of capacity up to 2 MW in the rural areas.
- Installation of standalone off-grid solar water pumps to fulfill irrigation needs of farmers not connected to grid.
- Solarization of existing grid-connected agriculture pumps to make farmers independent of grid supply and also enable them to sell surplus solar power generated to DISCOM and get extra income; and
- Solarization of tube-wells and lift irrigation projects of Government sector.
- Atal Bhujal Yojana
- The Government has proposed Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY) aimed at sustainable ground water management with community participation in select over-exploited and ground water stressed areas in seven States (Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh).
- ABHY is designed as a Central Sector Scheme with a total outlay of Rs. 6,000 Crore and is proposed to be implemented with World Bank assistance.
- MDWS Bags Award for best implementation of E-office
- The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Dr Jitendra Singh, presented a Certificate of Appreciation to Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation for implementation of e-office software.
- The award was received by Shri SatyabrataSahu, Joint Secretary and Mrs Seemantinee Sengupta, Senior Technical Director, HOD, NIC-MDWS, on behalf of the Ministry at a function heldat the Ministry of Personnel, Grievances and Pension.
- E-Office is one of the Mission-mode Projects under the Digital India programme.
- The e-Office solution enables core operations of the Government at all levels to be performed in a ‘paper-less’ environment, including the E-leave,E-tour,Knowledge Management, Notice Board, Download Forms, Inventory Control etc.
- The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has the distinction of making 100 percent use of e-Office.
· NCRB Launches Citizen Services Mobile App
- The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) launched a mobile app called ‘Citizen Services’ on the occasion of its 33rd Inception Day.
- The application has been developed in-house by the NCRB. It will offer various essential police related services to the citizens.
- The application comprises a bouquet of 9 police related services for the citizen.
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes