· Govt booster for sportspersons in Madhya Pradesh
ð In a move that will go a long way in helping MP sportspersons, the sports department has decided to provide third AC class fare to players participating in national championship. Now, the divyang players and coaches will also get the benefit like other players.
ð The department has also fixed an amount for coaches of players who win medals in national and international meets, besides fixing an amount for medals winners at international events, national games, national championships and others.
ð For national championships, gold medallist will get Rs1 lakh, while silver and bronze medallists will receive Rs75,000 and Rs50,000 respectively. Those events which do not have separate team competitions and the team score is calculated by merely adding individual scores of the team members will not be considered as team events.
ð For setting up national records players will get an assistance of Rs5 lakh once in life for purchase of equipment.
ð If a player has earned a medal in Asian Games or Asian Championship and is likely to qualify for the Olympic or Asian Games he/she may also get financial assistance for more than three times.
ð For getting coaching abroad, player will be also eligible for a stipulated amount of Rs10 lakh. The same amount will be given for getting coaching in the country by a foreign coach. For national coaching in the country, player will be eligible for Rs1 lakh.
- WHO released the Global Influenza Strategy 2019-2030
- World Health Organization (WHO) released a Global Influenza Strategy for 2019-2030 aimed at protecting people in all countries from the threat of influenza, one of the world’s greatest public health challenges.
- The aim of the strategy is to prevent seasonal influenza, control the spread of influenza from animals to humans, and prepare for the next influenza pandemic.
- Every year across the globe, there are an estimated 1 billion cases, of which 3 to 5 million are severe cases, resulting in 290000 to 650000 influenza-related respiratory deaths.
- WHO recommends annual influenza vaccination as the most effective way to prevent influenza, which is especially important for people at higher risk of serious influenza complications and for health care workers.
- The new strategy is the most comprehensive and far-reaching that WHO has ever developed for influenza and it outlines a path to protect populations every year and helps prepare for a pandemic through strengthening routine programmes.
- For more than 65 years, the Global Influenza Surveillance and Response System (GISRS), comprised of WHO Collaborating Centres and national influenza centres, have worked together to monitor seasonal trends and potentially pandemic viruses and this system serves as the backbone of the global alert system for influenza.
- Japan announced Rs 22 lakh for Kolkata museum
- The Japanese government announced a donation of some Rs 22 lakh ($31,800)to the Rabindra Bharati Museum, Kolkata in a bid to strengthen historical and cultural ties with India.
- Rabindranath Tagore, Asia’s first Nobel Prize recipient, visited Japan in 1916, 1924 and 1929, renewing relations between the countries as India’s leading cultural ambassador.
- World Consumer Rights Day 2019: 15 March 2019
- World Consumer Rights Day is celebrated every year on 15 March as part of an initiative by Consumer International, a membership organisation for consumer groups around the world.
- Theme: Trusted Smart Products
- The day is celebrated every year, to celebrate consumer rights and build a world where everyone has access to safe and sustainable products and services.
- World Consumer Rights Day was inspired by President John F Kennedy, who was the first leader in the world to address the issue of consumer rights in a special message sent to the US Congress on 15 March 1962.
- The United States to set up six nuclear power plants in India
- India and the US said they have agreed to build six American nuclear power plants in India, in a boost to bilateral civil nuclear energy cooperation.
- The two countries said this in a joint statement issued at the conclusion of the 9th round of India-US Strategic Security Dialogue.
- India and the US signed a historic agreement to cooperate in the civil nuclear energy sector in October 2008.
- The United States also reaffirmed its strong support to India’s early membership in the 48-member NSG.
- Geographical Indication (GI) tag granted to Coorg Arabica Coffee and 4 other varieties of Coffee by the Geographical Indications Registry
- Geographical Indication (GI) tags have been granted to Coorg Arabica Coffee, Wayanad Robusta Coffee, Chikmagalur Arabica Coffee, Araku Valley Arabica Coffee and Bababudangiris Arabica Coffee, by the Geographical Indications Registry on 1st March 2019.
- Coorg Arabica Coffee is grown in Kodagu, Karnataka.
- Wayanad Robusta Coffee is grown in Wayanad, Kerala.
- Chikmagalur Arabica Coffee and Bababudangiris Arabica Coffee are grown in Chikmagalur, Karnataka.
- West Bengal has maximum first-time voters in Lok Sabha polls
- According to Election Commission, West Bengal has the maximum number of first-time voters, around 1 lakh, in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
- WB is followed by Uttar Pradeshand Madhya Pradesh, with around 16.7 lakh and 13.6 lakh first-time voters, respectively.
- The number of people eligible to vote has reportedly increased by 8.4 crore as compared to 2014 General Elections.
- Over 1.5 crore voters are in the age group of 18-19 years. These “young voters” constitute 1.66 per cent of the total electors.
- Climate Vulnerability Index Highest For Assam And Mizoram
- Indian scientists have developed a common framework for the assessment of climate change vulnerabilityin all the states in the Himalayan region.
- The assessment shows that the vulnerability index is the highest for Assam (0.72) and Mizoram (0.71).
Sikkim is the least vulnerable state with the index being 0.42.
Assam is highly vulnerable to climate change because of factors like low per capita income, deforestation, large number of marginal farmers, least area under irrigation, lack of alternative sources of income and high rates of poverty.
- Erode Turmeric received GI tag
- Erode Turmeric has finally received GI tag from the Geographical Indication Registry. Erode is the city in the state of Tamil Nadu. The product to acquire GI tag has to indicate that a product of a particular origin has a certain quality or reputation or some other characteristics, which is essentially attributable to its geographical origin.
- Erode Turmeric is golden yellow in colour withresistance to pests after boiling
- Erode turmeric contains 5 to 4.5% of curcumin content
- Erode Turmeric is grown in hot moist conditions prevalent in the area with temperature ranging from 20 degrees to 37.9 degrees Celsius with an average of 600 to 800 mm rainfallin a year
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes