- Mou signed on ppp mode for placement services
- The last financial year was a year of achievements as transmission capacity increased to 162000 MW and transmission system availability was 99.15 per cent.
- The Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Company has achieved transformation capacity of 55880.5 MVA, installing of high power supply lines of 33270.39 circuit kilometer and high voltage sub- centers have been increased to 345.
- During the year 2017-18 the company has constructed and powered 14 new sub- centers and increased the transformation capacity of 2464.5 MVA and transmission capacity has been increased by 1100 MW.
- At the time of the formation the transmission capacity was 3890 MW which increased to 16200 MW in the year 2017-18.
- Better management and strengthen network of transmission has made the company to provide maximum demand of power with quality.
- Madhya Pradesh Electricity Commission set the transmission system availability at 98 percent for the last financial year which was achieved at 99.15 per cent.
- The number of sub-centers which were 331 in the year 2016-17 increased to 345. The transformation capacity which was 53416 MVA in the year 2016-17 increased to 55880.5 MVA, transformers which were 810 in the year 2016-17 increased to 836 in the year 2017-18. Transmission lines increased from 32369.39 circuit kilometer to 33270.39 circuit kilometer.
- The transmission losses were 7.93 percent at the time of formation of company and were reduced to 2.75 percent which are less than 2.82 percent set by Madhya Pradesh Electricity Commission.
- The peak demand of 12240 MW was supplied on December 28 at 9.30 pm during the financial year 2017-18.
- 15th Asia Media Summit to be hosted by India
- The 15th Asia Media Summit (AMS) 2018 is being hosted by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, jointly with the Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi and Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited (BECIL), from 10th -12th May, 2018 in New Delh.
- Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting and Textiles, Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani would be presiding as the Chief Guest over the Inaugural ceremony of the Summit on 10th May.
- The AMS 2018, an annual summit of the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) Kuala Lumpur, is a prestigious summit in the Asia Pacific Region and India is hosting the event for the first time.
- The Summit, with the theme `Telling Our Stories – Asia and More’, would be organized in two parts Pre-summit workshop (8th-9th) and Summit (10th-12th).
- NSIC Inks MoU with MSME Ministry for FY 2018-19
- The National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) for the year 2018-19.
- The said MoU envisages provision of enhanced services by NSIC under its marketing, financial, technology and other support services schemes, for MSMEs in the country.
- The corporation projects to increase its total business by 21.30 percent from Rs. 22,258 crore in the year 2017-18 to Rs. 27,000 crore in the year 2018-19.
· CBDT approves Amendment Of India-Kuwait Tax Agreement
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)notified the protocol amending the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between India and Kuwait.
The protocol updates the provisions in the DTAA for the exchange of information as per international standards, and also enables sharing of information received from Kuwait for tax purposes with other law enforcement agencies, subject to an authorization of the competent authority of Kuwait and vice versa.
· 65 per cent satisfied with policing in the country: Report
- Around 65 per cent of people find policing satisfactory in the country, according to a report which also stated that Delhi is one of the “worst” states as far as public satisfaction over police help is concerned.
- The ‘Status of Policing in India Report 2018’, that studies performance and perceptions concerning police in 22 states.
- The report says that in Haryana, highest (71 per cent) number of respondents had positive impression of the police in the state. Delhi, along with Kerala and Rajasthan, was among the “worst” states with people not expressing satisfaction with police help.
- As per the report, 85 per cent respondents did not report any contact with the police in last 4-5 years. The report based on five-year data (up to 2016) is categorised into six main themes- crime rate, disposal of cases, diversity of police force, infrastructure, prison data and disposal of cases of crimes against SC/ST, women and children.
· GST digital discounts may cost Rs 15,000 crore
- The government has estimated that the Centre and the states may have to forgo up to Rs 15,000 crore in offering discounts of up to Rs 100 on GST for every digital transaction, including those done using credit or debit cards or mobile wallets and mobile and net banking.
- The estimate is based on the average ticket size of the transaction being Rs 1,400 and a 2% relief being proposed on it. In case of transaction size of Rs 900 and assuming that 40% of the estimated 1,329 crore transactions were using digital payment tools, the revenue foregone would be of the order of Rs 9,500 crore a year.
- The plan is limited to business to consumer (B2C) transactions for goods and services that attract 3% or more levy.
- It is quite common across the country for retailers to demand cash payments, citing higher transaction costs for card payments, although reality is they under-report sales and pay lower taxes. The government has come up with a discount on GST as a solution to counter this widespread evasion. Sources said the government is upbeat on the model practised in Brazil, where consumers are given credits even for purchase of a pack of cigarettes using credit cards or other digital means.
- The credits are linked to consumers’ social security numbers, which can be used to speed up passport, driving licence issuance or other facilities. While officials reckon that this will be easier to implement in India, given the widespread issuance of Aadhaar, there is no move to have a similar policy in place, at least for now