- All districts will now have one-stop centres for women in distress
- One-stop centres will be established in the remaining 25 districts of the State to make all essential assistance available under one roof to violence-hit women and girls. With this decision of the Government of India, now one stop centres will be established in all 51 districts. Police assistance, medical, legal assistance, psychological comfort and social counselling are made available to these women and girls affected by any kind of violence at the one stop centre.
- One stop centres were approved for 18 districts in 2016-17 and 8 districts in 2017-18 in the state.
- Women and Child Development Minister Smt. Archana Chitnis was making persistent efforts to set up these centre in all the districts of the state.
- One stop centres were approved in 25 districts of the state by the Centre in May 2018 viz; Aagar Malwa, Alirajpur, Anuppur, Ashok Nagar, Balaghat, Badwani, Betul, Bhind, Chhatarpur, Damoh, Dindori, Guna, Jhabua, Mandla, Mandsaur, Narsinghpur, Neemuch, Raisen, Rajgarh, Sehore, Shajapur, Sheopur, Sidhi, Tikamgarh and Umaria.
- In year 2017 the One Stop Centre MIS project of the state was honoured with Skoch Silver Award. Construction has also begun in Sagar and Indore.
- Hamburg to host 2018 Global Wind Summit
- The first edition of the Global Wind Summit will be held in Hamburg from September 25-28, 2018.
- The organisers of the four-day event are expecting speakers from about 100 countries, including India, China, the US, Spain and Denmark.
- The conference on wind is the largest and most important meeting of the wind industry worldwide.
· PMs Of India And Bangladesh Inaugurate Bangla Bhavan In Shantiniketan
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasinajointly inaugurate Bangladesh Bhawan at Shanti Niketan in West Bengal.
- The two leaders then paid floral tributes to Rabindra Nath Tagore.
- This is the first time in Indian history, that two prime ministers attended a convocation ceremony.
· DAC Approves Procurement Of Equipment For Defence Forces
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Defence Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman, met in New Delhi and accorded approval for the procurement of equipment for the Defence Forces valued at over Rs. 6900 crores.
- The DAC approved procurement of Thermal Imaging (TI) Night Sights for the Rocket Launcher (RL) used by the Army and the Air Force under ‘BUY (Indian) IDDM’ category through established Indian Vendors.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi Launches Survey On NaMo App
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a survey on the NaMo App,asking people to rate the performance of the government at the Centre and MPs and MLAs in their constituencies.
- He launched the initiative, to mark the completion of four years of the NDA government, which came to power at the Centre in 2014.
· Sangeeta Bahl Becomes Oldest Indian Woman To Scale Mount Everest
- Sangeeta Bahl, a 53-year-old former model become the oldest Indian womanto conquer Mount Everest.
- Bahl, who currently resides in Gurugram, scaled the peak with the help of two Sherpas and was felicitated at the Indian embassy in Kathmandu.
- She already conquered six out of the seven highest peaks in the world.
· E-Way Bill System For Intra-State Goods Movement Comes Into Force In Seven More States, UTs
- E-Way Bill systemfor intra-State movement of goods will be implemented in seven more states and Union Territories from 27th May 2018.
- The States are Maharashtra, Manipur, Chandigarh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu and Lakshadweep.
- With this, the number of States, where the system is being implemented, will go up to 27.
- As per the decision of the GST Council, e-Way Bill system has been rolled out from 1st of April this year.
· Gharial, dolphin among 10 Ganga species on brink of extinction
- At least 10 species, including the Ganges river dolphin and the gharial, found in Ganga for centuries, are on the verge of extinction, according to new report released by the ministry of water resources last week.
- While the dolphin is listed as an endangered species according to the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN ) Red list, the Gharial is placed under critically endangered category.
- The other species include birds such as the black bellied tern and Indian skimmer; turtles such as the northern river terrapin, three stripped roofed turtle, red crowned roofed turtle; and the golden mahaseer fish.
- The sarus crane, the mugger crocodile and the snow trout have been put in the vulnerable list.
· Now, Railways to tell if the ticket stands a chance of being confirmed
- When the new, refurbished IRCTC website goes live, it will let the passengers know the probability of confirmation of tickets on wait-list, based on a new algorithm developed by the Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS).
- According to the new feature of wait list prediction, one can predict the chances of a wait-listed or an RAC ticket getting confirmed on the basis of booking trends.
- The algorithm will take into account last 13 years’ data to arrive at a “robust, workable model.
- The users can also perform multiple activities like cancellation, printing, request for an SMS, selection of an alternative train by exercising the “Vikalp” option and changing the boarding point, if required.
- Nearly 13 lakh tickets are booked on the IRCTC website every day against a reserved accommodation of 10.5 lakh berths.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2019 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes