- Madhay Pradesh Culture : Akiri Dance
- Akiri dance is a trademark of the cattle herders of Gwalior.The dance also has religious overtones as the various communities of Gwalior who performed this dance are considered to be the descendants of lord Krishna. People belonging to the Ahir, Gwala, Rawat, Beat and Baredi communities generally perform Ahiri.TheAhiri community is the most avid follower of this cultural and religious occasions.
- Baredi or Yadav Dance Baredi is an important folk dance of the Gwalior District. Staring from Diwali the dance is performed till the day of “KartikPurnima” A host of musical instruments like dholak, Jhang, Manjiramridang and daphil imparts the tribal beat as the dancers perform and move around in.circles. Folk songs are also sang that follows a question and answer format. The performers are clad in dhatis and accessorized with peacock feathers.
- India and Japan signs a Loan Agreement worth Rs. 1817 crore
- A Loan Agreement worth of Rs. 1817 crore approximately was signed between India and Japan for the construction of Turga Pumped Storage (I).
- The objective of the Project is to strengthen the capability to respond to fluctuation in supply and demand of power and to improve stability of the power supply.
- India and Japan have had a long and fruitful history of bilateral development cooperation since 1958.In the last few years, the economic cooperation between India and Japan has steadily progressed.
- This further consolidates and strengthens the Strategic and Global Partnership between India and Japan.
· India-Japan first joint military exercise ‘Dharma Guardian-2018’ began in Mizoram
- The first of its kind, the 14 days long joint exercise is being conducted from 01 Nov 2018 to 14 Nov 2018.
- The Japanese contingent is being represented by 32nd Infantry Battalion while the Indian side is being represented by Gorkha Rifles.
- Doha to host World Corporate Games
- Qatar will host the 23rd edition of the World Corporate Games next year, which will provide an opportunity for corporations around the world to showcase their competitive prowess through sports.
- This is the first time the World Corporate Games will be held in the Middle East.
- The sporting event takes place every one to two years.
- The World Corportate Games, established nearly 30 years ago, aims to bring together, the local, regional and international business sporting community.
· Little India Gate inaugurated in Indonesia’s Medan city
- Little India Gate’, the first-of-its-kind structure in Indonesia recognises the contribution of Indian community in the development of Medan city.
- Kampung Madras area is one of the city’s significant ethnic enclaves comprising a large population of people of Indian descent whose ancestors had settled down in Medan in mid-nineteenth century.
· PM Modi launched portal for granting loans of up to Rs 1 crore in 59 minutes
- GST-registered Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) can now avail of loan of up to Rs 1 crorein just 59 minutes.
- Over 72,000MSMEs have been sanctioned loans worth over ₹23,500 crore through the portal till date.
- Further, the mandatory sourcing limitby state-run companies from MSMEs has been increased to 25%from the previous 20%.
- Modi added that companies above a Rs 500 crore will now have to compulsorily be a part of TReDs (Trade Receivables Discounting System), which will also include PSUs.
· INS Viraat to be converted into a floating maritime museum soon
- INS Viraat will be India’sfirst decommissionedaircraft carrier that will be turned into an adventure and maritime tourism.
- It will host activities like scuba diving, luxury hotel, cafeteria and other adventure sports.
- At present, Viraat is at Mumbai’s Naval dockyard after its decommissioning in 2017.
- As per the Maharashtra government’s Rs 852-croreplan for Viraat, the ship’s conversion will be on public- private- partnership (PPP) basis.
- The world over, only seven aircraft carriers have been converted into museums, theme parks and luxury hotels.
· Shillong to host Indian Cherry Blossom Festival from Nov 14
- Shillong is set to host the second edition of the India International Cherry Blossom Festival between November 14 and 17.
- This is the world’s only autumn cherry blossom festival.
- This festival attracted more than one lakh visitors last year, boosting the local economy by 300 per cent.
- Jharsuguda Airport renamed as “Veer Surendra Sai Airport, Jharsuguda”
- The Union Cabinet has approved renaming of Jharsuguda Airport, Odisha as “Veer Surendra Sai Airport, Jharsuguda”
- Veer Surendra Sai is a well-known freedom fighter of Odisha.
- Renaming of the Jharsuguda airport in his name will fulfill long-pending demand of the Odisha Government, which reflects the sentiments of the local public of the respective area.
- It will also be a befitting tribute to the contribution of the revered personality associated with the State.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes