- Madhya Pradesh Festival
- Ujjain is one of those places in India where KumbhMela takes place. The festival is organized four times in every twelve years in the four cities of India- Allahabad, Haridwar, Ujjain or Nasik. KumbhMela commemorates the victory of good in the battle of supremacy against the evil.
- A dip in the holy Shipra River washes away all the sins and ends the cycle of rebirth. Other then the ritual bathing, there are many other activities in which tourists can take part-devotional singing, debates about mythology and mass feeding to the people around. Attended by the millions of devotees, the festival speaks about the faith that dwells in every individual’s heart.
- India and Morocco sign Agreement on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters
- An Agreement on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters was signed between Government of Republic of India and Mr Mohamed Aujjar, Minister of Justice on behalf of the Government of the Kingdom of Morocco.
- The Agreement will strengthen bilateral cooperation with Morocco and enhance effectiveness and provide a broad legal framework for prevention, investigation and prosecution of crimes; as well as in tracing, restraint and confiscation of funds meant to finance terrorist acts.
- Both Ministers reiterated their resolve to jointly counter the threats posed by organized crime and terrorism.
- Bajrang Punia Becomes Number 1 wrestler in World in 65kg
- Indian wrestler Bajrang Punia touched a new high in his career by achieving the number one rank in the world in the 65kg category.
- The 24-year-old Bajrang, who has won five medals, including CWG and Asian Games gold and a silver at the World Championship, was placed atop the ranking table with 96 points in the UWW list.
- INS Rana to participate in Bilateral Exercise ‘ Samudra Shakti’
- INS Rana of the Eastern Fleet based at Visakhapatnam under the Eastern Naval Command is on deployment to the South East Asia and arrived at the port of Surabaya to participate in the inaugural edition of Indian Navy – Indonesian Navy Bilateral Exercise ‘Samudra Shakti’ scheduled from 12 to 18 Nov 18.
- The aim of the exercise is to strengthen bilateral relations, expand maritime co-operation, enhance interoperability and exchange best practices.
- The strategic partnership between the two nations was elevated to ‘Comprehensive Strategic Partnership’ during the visit of Honourable Prime Minister of India in May 18 and Defence co-operation has been a significant pillar in this partnership.
· RBI not to favor NBFCs in liquidity issue
- Despite the growing demand forliquidity support for Non-banking Finance Companies (NBFC), the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) does not favour to provide any special support to the sector. But it will continue to provide funds to the banking system as liquidity deficit in the system is a concern.
- The RBI says that bigger NBFCs are not facing any liquidity issues. The middle and smaller NBFCs, mostly housing finance firms, are the ones who face some issues.
- The liquidity issue for NBFCs has been a bone of contention between the central bank and the Finance Ministry. The Centre has cited the never-used provision under section 7 of the RBI Act to initiate consultations with RBI. Under this section, the government can issue directions to RBI. All eyes are now on the RBI’s board meeting scheduled for November 19.
- Online video market to reach $5 billion in India by 2023: Report
- The market for over-the-top (OTT) content, which is video content that is delivered over the Internet as an alternative to traditional media, will reach $5 billion in India by 2023, from $5 billion in 2018, according to a new report
- This growth is being driven by rising affluence, increase in penetration of data into rural markets and adoption across demographic segments including women and older generations, according to the report by global management consulting firm Boston Consulting Group (BCG).
- There is room for many types of OTT models such as SVOD (subscription-based platforms), AVOD (advertising-based platforms) and TVOD (transaction-based platforms) to succeed in the market. Of the estimated 650 million Internet users in India by 2023, nearly half are expected to be from rural areas and with development of regional content by various players, the rural market is poised to become a significantly large opportunity for OTT players
- Health ministry proposes social support of up to Rs 5 lakh for organ donor’s dependents
- The Union health ministry has proposed providing “social support’’ of up to Rs 5 lakh to the dependants of an organ donor in cases of cadaver organ donation.
- The social support will be provided not in the form of cash but by sponsoring medical treatment or education of dependents.
- The health ministry, she added, will provide Rs 1 lakh to hospitals for maintenance of the donor who has been declared brain dead till the organs are retrieved. Such patients require to be infused with fluids and medication to maintain their organs.
- As per estimates, the annual requirement of kidney transplant for new cases is around two lakh with merely 8,000 transplants happening annually.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes