· Once badlands, Chambal to be on eco-tourism map under Green Agriculture project
ð The ravines of Chambal, a unique geographical feature having gullies up to 15-20 feet deep which once used to be hideouts of dreaded dacoits, will turn into a hub of ecotourism and improved farm practices in the next seven years.
Being treated as a model of landscape conservation, the ravines in Sheopur and Morena districts of Madhya Pradesh will be developed by the Centre as part of its ‘Green Agriculture’ project in collaboration with the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations.
ð The project in Madhya Pradesh will focus on the ravines, in and around the National Chambal Sanctuary which provides a habitat for ‘gharial’ and Gangetic dolphin. It will turn the ravines into an eco-tourism hub once landscape restoration is done.
ð Four more sites will be developed under the ‘Green Agriculture’ project during the 2019-26 period. The Global Environment Facility (GEF) has sanctioned $33.5 million (around Rs 240 crore) for this.
ð The other project sites include Dampa in Mizoram, Similipal in Odisha, desert landscape of Barmer and Jaisalmer districts of Rajasthan and Corbett-Rajaji in Uttarakhand. The project will collectively restore 1.8 million hectares of land.
In MP, the project landscape covers 97,882 hectares covering deeply eroded gullies (ravines), formed over centuries, as a result of surface run-off and monsoon rainfall on deep alluvial soils. Besides, indiscriminate land-use practices too led to severe land degradation. The project is, therefore, also intended to stop further degradation. The state government too has committed to co-finance the project
· Piyush Goyal to participate in 9th BRICS Trade Ministers Meet in Brasilia
- The 9th BRICS Trade Ministers Meet focussed on opportunities for enhanced intra-BRICS trade and investment cooperation. Issues like cooperation in e-commerce, investment facilitation, MSMEs, Intellectual Property Right, will be discussed during the meet.
- The important outcome of the Ministerial meeting under the current Brazilian Presidency is the signing of an MoU among Trade and Investment Promotion Agencies of BRICS countries that help foster close collaboration between the trade and investment promotion agencies of BRICS nations for promoting intra BRICS trade and investment.Commerce and Industry Minister is scheduled to have a meeting with representatives of the medical devices manufacturing companies to discuss the trade issues. Piyush Goyal will have India-US bilateral meeting with his counterpart US Trade Representative (USTR), Ambassador Robert Lighthizer, to discuss the outstanding bilateral issues and to arrive at a shared understating on a mutually beneficial basis. Commerce and Industry Minister will hold high- level industry interaction with business and industry representatives in New York.
- DIN System of CBIC comes into existence
- The Documentation Identification Number (DIN) system of Central Board of Indirect Taxes (CBIC) will come into existence.
- This path-breaking system in indirect tax administration has been created as per the direction of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Now, any CBIC communication will have to have a Documentation Identification Number.
- The Government has already executed the DIN system in the direct tax administration.
· Prime Minister Calls for upholding the teachings and values preached by Guru Nanak Dev Ji
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi called for upholding the teachings and values ofShri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. The individual event organized at Dera Baba Nanak on the occasion of the inauguration of the Integrated Check Post (ICP) and the Kartarpur Corridor. He released commemorative coin celebrating the 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
- The Shiromani Gurudwara Prabhandak Committee earlier felicitated the Prime Minister with the Quami Seva Award. Prime Minister said that he is dedicating it to the lotus feet of Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
- The Guru Nanak Dev Ji is not only a Guru, but a philosophy, and as a pillar of support for our living. The importance of living by true values and also gave an economic system based on honesty and self-confidence.Guru Nanak Dev Ji taught about equality, brotherhood, and unity in the society and that he fought for removing various social evils.In the last five years is trying to protect the country’s rich heritage and culture. And on the occasion of the 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, he said several programs are being held across the country and the world through our Embassies.
· India to host 2023 Mens Hockey World Cup
- India will host the Men’s Hockey World Cupfor the second consecutive time after the country was picked to host the game’s showpiece event in 2023 by the International Hockey Federation (FIH) in Lausanne.
- The Men’s Hockey World Cup in India from January 13 to 29.
- In another decision made by the Executive Board during the FIH’s last meeting of the year, Spain and the Netherlands named as the co-hosts of the 2022 Women’s World Cup scheduled to be held from July 1 to 22.
- The host nations will announce the venues at a later date.
- India becomes the first country to stage four men’s Hockey World Cups after having hosted the showpiece in 1982 (Mumbai), 2010 (New Delhi) and 2018 (Bhubaneswar).
- The Netherlands hosted three men’s tournaments.
The country will be completing 75 years of independence in 2023, and so Hockey India wanted to host the World Cup to showcase the growth of the sport in the country on that occasion.
· Sports Minister lauds CBSE for organizing Fitness Week in schools plans to take it to all states
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)observing Fitness Week in the second and third week of November, as part of the Fit India Movement.
- The objective of the Fitness Week is to bring about a behavioral change in school children from spending Passive Screen Time to Active Field Time from moving them away from computer screens to open fields. The Fit India Movement, envisioned by Honourable PM is the need of the hour, and we must make every effort to teach fitness habits in Indians from an early age. The extensive 6-day program during the Fitness Week addresses both physical and mental fitness needs of children and goes beyond the usual form of physical exercises like yoga, free-hand, and includes unusual forms of fitness like dance, aerobics, and gardening, among others.
- Deepak Chahar becomes first Indian male to claim a hat-trick in T20I
- Deepak Chahar scripted history as he became the first Indian male to claim a hat-trick in Twenty20 Internationals (T20I) during the third T20I against Bangladesh in Nagpur.
- Ekta Bisht was the first Indian to take a hat-trick in T20Is in a women’s match against Sri Lanka in 2012.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes