- India and ADB Signs $110 Million Loan to Improve Rural Connectivity in Madhya Pradesh
- Government of India and Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $110 million loan to finance the upgrade of 2,800 kilometers all-weather rural roads in the State of Madhya Pradesh under the Prime Minister’s Rural Roads Program (PMGSY).
- Tranche 2 loan is part of the $500 million Second Rural Connectivity investment Program for India approved by the ADB Board in December 2017.
- The overall program is aimed at improving rural connectivity, facilitating safer and more efficient access to livelihood and socio-economic opportunities for rural communities through improvements to about 12,000 kilometers rural roads across the states of Assam, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, and West Bengal.
- Tranche 1 loan of $250 million is currently under implementation in the 5 project states, upgrading over 6,000 km of rural roads.
· Ukraine launched solar power plant in Chernobyl
- Ukrainelaunched a park of photovoltaic panels at the former Chernobyl power plant. It is to use solar power to give the scene of the world’s worst nuclear disaster a new lease on life. The $1.2-million, a one-megawatt plant is located just a hundred metres from a giant metal dome sealing the remains of the nuclear power plant that suffered a catastrophic meltdown in 1986. The facility can power about 2,000 households.
· Scientists developed a new DNA analysis tool that can help arresting criminals
- The researcher at the Flinders University in Australia has developed a new test that can reveal the amount of DNA people shed, a tool that could be used by forensic experts to catch criminals using genetic clues left at crime scenes.
- A single tap of a finger on items like door handles, glass or even shaking hands can help identify and link potential suspects to a crime.
· Google to Shut Down Google+ For Consumers Over The Security Lapse
- After a bug exposed the personal data of up to 5 lakh users, Google stated that it discovered and immediately patched” the bug in March 2018 but found “no evidence”that any data was actually misused.
- Google company reportedly disclose the security breach because it feared regulation.
- According to Google, Google+ currently has “low usage and engagement” and that 90 percent of Google+ user sessions last less than 5 seconds.
· Centre approves Land pooling policy of Delhi
- TheCentre approved Delhi’s land pooling policy. The policy has already been approved by the Delhi Development Authority (DDA). Hardeep Puri, Minister of the
- Housing and Urban Affairs, said no major changes were made to the policy.
- The land pooling policy covers any urbanisable area of urban extensions in 95 villages. With a floor area ratio (FAR) of 200, Delhi’s 76 lakh people will be accommodated in these homes. To promote affordable and inclusive housing, 15% FAR, over and above the permissible FAR, has been allowed for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS). The policy covers greenfield areas in five zones, including J, K-1, L, N and P-II, which come under the Master Plan of Delhi-2021 (MPD).
- Land Pooling is a concept that where small chunks or parcels of land are owned by a group of owners who assemble for the development of infrastructure as per the provisions of the Delhi Development Act 1957and the prescribed procedure.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the closure of National Jute Manufactures Corporation Ltd. (NJMC) and its subsidiary Birds Jute & Exports Ltd. (BJEL).
- The decision will benefit the Government exchequer in reducing recurring expenditure incurred in operating both the sick CPSEs in running their activities.
- The proposal will help in closing loss making companies and ensuring release of valuable assets for productive use, or for generating financial resources for developmental progress.
- The available land with both the CPSEs will be put up for public use/other government use for overall development of society.
- INS Rana at South Korea to Participate in IFR
- INS Rana which is currently on Operational Deployment to the North West Pacific region in the pursuance of India’s Act East Policy, arrived Jeju, Repubic of Korea to participate in the International Fleet Review (IFR).
- It is being held at from 08 – 15 Oct 18.
- During the 7-day visit, INS Rana, commanded by Capt Atul Deswal will have a series of confidence-building engagements with Republic of Korea Navy and other foreign Navies participating in the IFR.
- Country’s first ethanol plant to come up in Odisha’s Bargarh district
- Odisha is going to have a Second Generation (2G) Ethanol Bio-Refinery, first in the country to produce ethanol from rice straw, in Bargarh district.
- The facility, which is expecting its mechanical commissioning in the next two years, is one among 12 refineries planned in 11 States in the country.
- To be set up at Baulsingha village under Bhatli tehsil by Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) at an estimated cost of Rs1000 crore, the bio-refinery will produce three crore litre of fuel-grade ethanol annually using rice straw as feedstock.
- National Postal Week to be celebrated from October 9
- The Department of Posts will celebrate the National Postal Week between October 9 and 15 to highlight its role and contribution in the lives of people.
- The department also celebrated the World Post Day on October 9 to commemorate the establishment of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) in 1874 in the Swiss capital Berne.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes