- 10th edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ under the Ministry of Culture inaugurated in Jabalpur
- The Governor of Madhya Pradesh Shri Lalji Tandon in the presence of Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (I/C), Shri Prahalad Singh Patel inaugurated the 10th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav in Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh.
- Ministry of Culture, Government of India is organising the 10th edition of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav under the Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat initiative in Madhya Pradesh from 14th to 21st October 2019.
- The National Cultural festival will display diverse forms of folk, art and culture of 22 states.
- The concept of National Cultural Festival was conceived in the year 2015.
- The festival is being organized in Madhya Pradesh for the second time.
· World food day is observed on 16 October
- World Food Dayis observed on 16 October every year. The day is observed every year by people from around the world. The day aims totackle global hunger. On this day, people reaffirm their commitment to eradicate worldwide hunger for a lifetime.
- The theme for 2019 is Our Actions Are Our Future. Healthy Diets for A #ZeroHunger World. The diet and eating habits of the people have changed because of urbanization and income growth. It causes obesity and other related diseases among the people. The theme focuses on creating awareness about a healthy and nutritional diet.
· Eliud Kipchoge First in World To Run A Marathon In Under 2 Hours
- Kenya’s Eliud Kipchogemade history busting the mythical two-hour barrier marathon on a specially prepared course in a huge Vienna park. The unofficial time completed by him was 1hr 59min 40.2sec.
- The world marathon record has, for the past 16 years, been contested uniquely between athletes from Kenya and Ethiopia. The two nations are also fierce rivals for distance medals on the track.
· CBIC to launch new scheme to attract investment
ð The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) launched a new scheme to promote investments in India. The scheme also aims to enhance the ease of doing business.
ð The scheme will enable the Make in India programme. The investment will encourage exports, repair & refurbishment operations, create hubs for electronics assembly, inward and outward processing, facilitate global e-commerce hubs etc.
- CBIC partnered with Invest Indiato launch a dedicated microsite to providing information. Also, the partnership will promote the scheme and facilitate the investors.
· Tenth edition of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav is celebrated in Maharashtra
- The10th edition of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsavwas inaugurated by Governor of Madhya Pradesh, Shri Lalji Tandon. The festival aims to celebrate India’s plural traditions and culture under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Matrix.
- The aim is to celebrate World culture history and praise India, which has retained its culture even after several invasions and attempts at colonization.
- Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav is hosted in Madhya Pradesh, as it is the cultural capital of India.
- A week-long diversified cultural carnival is celebrated in the cities of Jabalpur, Sagar, and Rewaof Madhya Pradesh from 14th October to 21st October 2019.
- Craftsmen-artists-culture practitioners from different states of India will be participating in the festival.
- Scientists to conduct the largest DNA barcoding of spiders in India
- Scientists from the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) undertook a barcode of at least 100 species of spiders based on their DNA. It is the largest exercise on DNA barcoding of spiders from India.
- DNA barcoding is a method used to quickly identify any species based on extracting a DNA sequence from a tiny tissue sample of any organism. In other words, it is the molecular signature of a species based on its genes.
- Centre to amend the Indian Arms Act
- Union Home Ministry proposed amendments to the Indian Arms Act, 1959. The Ministry also submitted the draft for the act. The draft Arms (Amendment) Act 2019 was aimed at curtailing the proliferation of arms and ammunition.
- The ministry proposed a new section, 25 (6) for the prohibition of firearms or ammunition by members of an organised crime syndicate.
- The penalty includes a minimum punishment of 10 years in prison and maximum punishment of life imprisonment till death.
- The draft of the proposed law covers five new areas namely illegal trafficking of arms, tracking arms and their components from manufacturers to end-users, organized crime, organized crime syndicates, and celebratory firing. The punishment for these offences differs accordingly.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes