- MP bags ten national awards in tourism sector
- Madhya Pradesh has bagged 10 national awards in tourism sector for two years in a row. In the national awards announced in New Delhi today by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, Madhya Pradesh has bagged 10 awards in the tourism sector.
- The state has retained its Hall of Fame national award for the second year apart from being the Best Tourism State for the third consecutive year. The Hall of Fame award will be effective for three years.
- Notably, in the awards announced by the Ministry of Tourism Government of India on the occasion of World Tourism Day the national award for Excellence in Publishing in Foreign Language other than English for publication corporate brochure in German language to Madhya Pradesh, Best Heritage Walk to Indore city, Best Heritage City to City of Joy Mandu, Best Adventure State award to Madhya Pradesh and Uttarakhand jointly, Excellence in publishing in English language to Coffee Table Book Kanha Tiger Reserve, National award for cleanliness to Indore city, Best Civic Management to Omkareshwar, Best Wildlife guide to Panna national park guide Rashika Prasad, Best Airport to Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Indore and Best Heritage Property to Devbagh Gwalior.
- India, Japan sign Agreement for Construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Project
- Two Loan Agreements were signed between India and Japan on Japanese Official Development Assistance loan for Construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Project (I) of Yen 89.457 billion (Rs.5591 crore approx.) and Kolkata East-West Metro Project (III) of Yen 25.903 billion (Rs.1619 crore approx.)
- India and Japan have had a long and fruitful history of bilateral development cooperation since 1958.
- In the last few years, the economic cooperation between India and Japan has steadily progressed.
- This further consolidates and strengthens the Strategic and Global Partnership between India and Japan.
· India and UN Signed A Five-Year Sustainable Development Framework
- Amitabh Kant and United Nations Resident Coordinator in India, Yuri Afanasiev, signed the Government of India-United Nations Sustainable Development Framework (UNSDF) for 2018-2022, at a special signing ceremony.
- The NITI Aayog is the national counterpart for the UN in India for the operationalization of the UNSDF.
- 20th livestock Census to be conducted from 1st October in all districts of the country
- The 20th Livestock Census will be conducted in all districts of the Indian Union in participation with all States and Union Territories. States/UTs have been requested to start the census operations from 1stOctober, 2018.
- The success of this novel initiative is dependent on full cooperation and commitment from all States/UTs Governments.
- The enumeration will be done in all villages and urban wards.
- Various species of animals (Cattle, Buffalo, Mithun, Yak, Sheep, Goat, Pig, Horse, Pony, Mule, Donkey Camel, Dog, Rabbit and Elephant)/poultry birds (Fowl, Duck, Emu, Turkeys, Quail and other poultry birds) possessed by the households, household enterprises/non-household enterprises and institutions will be counted at their site.
- Rail Heritage Digitisation Project of Indian Railways in collaboration with Google Arts & Culture
- Minister of Railways and Coal, Shri Piyush Goyal has launched “Rail Heritage Digitisation Project” of Indian Railways in collaboration with Google Arts & Culture here today through video-conferencing.
- The project is a landmark effort, first of its kind in this part of the globe, to showcase country’s Rail Heritage to National and International audience in an online story-telling platform.
- MoHUA partners with Google to launch #LooReview Campaign
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, under the aegis of Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban (SBM – U), has partnered with Google to launch the Loo Review campaign to encourage all local guides in India to rate and review public toilets on Google Maps.
- This campaign is part of a feature which allows all citizens to locate public toilets in their cities on Google Maps, Search and the Assistant and also provide feedback on the same.
- 500+ cities in India with more than 30,000 toilets with the name of “SBM Toilet” are currently live on Google Maps.
- One of the objectives of the Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban (SBM – U) is to provide sanitation coverage through public toilet facilities across cities in India for achieving Open Defecation Free (ODF) status.
- With around 3400cities already having achieved ODF status, and other cities gearing up towards the same, there is now a need to ensure that the ODF status is sustained through continuous usage and proper maintenance of public toilets.
· Ravi Shankar Prasad Launched Centre of Excellence For Data Analytics and DigiVaarta
- National Informatics Centre (NIC)and National Informatics Centre Services Incorporated (NICSI) have jointly set up a Centre of Excellence for data analytics to support Government departments to unlock the hidden potential of the data that they are generating as part of the governance processes and use it to improve the overall governance.
- Centre of Excellence for Data Analytics (CEDA) is being set up with the sole vision of kick-starting and fast-tracking the adoption of advanced analytic and machine learning capabilities by making the Centre the locus of expertise and excellence in the field of Data Analytics.
· Vice-president Venkaiah Naidu will inaugurate World’s largest dome in Pune on Oct 2
- The 160 ft domewill be inaugurated at the Maharashtra Institute of Technology’s (MIT) Loni-Kalbhor campus, on October 2, the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- With 160 feet diameter and 263 feet height, this would be one of the largest domes in the world. Earlier the largest dome was at Vatican citywith 136 feet diameter and 448 feet height.
- On October 2, the World Parliament of Science, Religion and Philosophy, organised in the name of the philosopher-saint Dnyaneshwara and Jagadguru Saint Tukaram Maharaj will be inaugurated.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes