- New elect sub-centres at villages
- Minister for Energy and Minister In-Charge of Jabalpur district Priyavrat Singh dedicated 3 electricity sub-centres Pipariya, Tewar and Lamhetaghat in a programme held in Lamhetaghat village of Jabalpur district.
- Singh further mentioned that the state has to be made number one in electricity production and distribution. Electric supply for farming is the top most priority of the government.
- Improvement is being made in the operating structure of electricity distribution to face this challenge. Private capital investment will be increased. He mentioned that instructions have been given to hold at least 3 camps in a month at each power distribution centre to resolve the problems of the consumers.
- Bangladesh HC allows setting up factories in ‘Ecological Critical Area’ around Sundarbans
- High Court in Bangladesh has allowed setting up of factories near the Ecologically Critical Area (ECA) of Sundarbans.
- The court asked the government to provide environmental clearance to three companies for setting up LPG bottling plants in Mongla industrial area near the Sundarbans.
- An area of 10 kilometres within the world’s largest mangrove forest at Sundarban was declared Ecologically critical area by the government in 1999 but many industries have come up in this area over a period of time.
- Sundarban is the world’s largest mangrove area spread over 10 thousand square kilometres of which 60 per cent falls in Bangladesh and 40 per cent in India.
- The UNESCO has declared three sanctuaries in the Sundarbans as World Heritage Site in 1997.
- China to launch projects in Pakistan
- Chinais planning to launch 27 new projects in Pakistan below the second phase of the $60 billion China-Pakistan Economic passageway (CPEC). The bold CPEC links China’s Kashgar town in Xinjiang province with Pakistan’s Gwadar port in Balochistan through a network of roads, railways, and highways. The linguistic communication of understanding between China and Pakistan leads to CPEC.
- The China-Pakistanrelations began in 1951 in Taiwan on confirming the special relationship. Both the countries have high-level visits leading to a spread of economic, military, and technical help.
- The second new investment trade between China and Pakistan includes Agriculture, education, vocational training, industry, increase in water supply, etc. Both countries are eager to invest to know the investments will make sound, they will earn money, also for a fine transport system for the transportation of goods, new airports, etc.
· India raises the issue of global oil price volatility with Russia
- India raised the issue of global oil market price volatility with Russia that is hurting the interests of both consuming and producing nations. This was articulated by India’s oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan in a meeting with Russia’s energy minister Alexander Novak.
- India urging its long-time ally Russia to take into account the interest of energy-consuming nations during its engagement with the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (Opec).
- They play an important role in balancing global oil market both in terms of ensuring adequate supply as well as in having a responsible and reasonable price.
- Any production cut by Opec and its allies has a wide-ranging impact on energy markets, given that Opec accounts for around 40% of global production. It is expected to have a particular fallout on India due to Opec accounting for around 83%of the country’s total crude oil imports.
· Chandrayaan 2 finished its final lunar bound orbit manoeuvre
- TheIndian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully performed the fifth and the final lunar bound orbit manoeuvre for Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft on 1 September. The 5th lunar bound orbit manoeuvre was done using the onboard propulsion system.
- The orbit manoeuvre took approximately 52 seconds to complete. The orbit was achieved at 119 km x 127 km. ISRO reported that all spacecraft parameters are normal.
- After the final manoeuvre, the Vikram lander will be seperated from the spacecraft’s orbiter. Vikram landeris expected to perform two deorbit manoeuvre to prepare for its landing in the south polar region of the moon.
- Thefirst deorbit manoeuvre is scheduled for 3 September and the orbit around the moon is set at 109 km x 120 km.
- The second deorbit manoeuvre is scheduled for September 4 and the orbit around the moon is expected to be achieved at 36 km x 110 km.
· MeitY partners with Google for Build for Digital India programme
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) signed a statement of intent (SoI) withThe agreement aimed to implement Build for Digital India programme.
- The aim of the initiative is to motivate the college students across India to innovate and produce some good technologysolutions for major social challenges of India.
- The aim of the initiative is to motivate the college students across India to innovate and produce some good technologysolutions for major social challenges of India.Build for Digital India:
- Build for Digital India programme will provide engineering students a platform to develop market-ready, technology-based solutions that address key social problems.
- Engineering students across the country can apply and join the programme. Through this programme they will be able to transform their bright ideas into real-world solutions.
- The programme provides online and offline learning opportunities on key technologies such as machine learning, cloud, and android.
- The opportunities will be offered through Google’s Developer Student Club network and other Google Developer networks.
- Under the programme mentorship sessions in product design, strategy and technology to the most promising products and prototypes will be offered by Google.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes