MP is progressing rapidly in the field of green energy generation: Shivraj
Madhya Pradesh has always been working for environmental protection. This is the reason that our state has got the distinction of having the largest area of forests. We have been working in the field of environmental protection in various ways. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said that the state is progressing rapidly in the field of green energy generation. We have increased its production by more than 10 times in the last 8 years.
Chouhan said that in the year 2012, our production in solar power, wind power, biomass power and small hydro power used to be 438.24 megawatt, which has increased to about 5500 megawatt in 2021.
He further said that the future belongs to green energy, because the traditional resources of energy will definitely be exhausted gradually, the sound of which is already being heard, due to exploitation of coal reserves in energy production, there is a supply crisis.
The state has set new benchmarks of progress in the field of solar energy. Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Project is one of the important solar projects not only in the country but also in Asia. In the year 2019-20, 14 projects of 401.95 megawatt capacity were established and 8 projects of 45.63 megawatt capacity were registered. Similarly, in the year 2020-21, 12 projects of 81.20 megawatt capacity were registered and a total of 13 projects were established. So far, 2386 megawatt power is being generated from 128 solar power projects in the state.
India, US Announce New Program Titled Technology-based Energy Solutions To Tackle Climate and Clean Energy Challenges
India and the US unveiled a new programme to fund technologies aimed at addressing climate and clean energy concerns.
According to a Science and Technology Ministry note, the programme aims to support India-US science and technology-based entrepreneurial measures to address the development and implementation of next-generation clean and renewable energy, energy storage, and carbon sequestration to address climate and clean energy challenges.
President Ram Nath Kovind Inaugurates Sri Ramna Kali Mandir in Dhaka
:President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the restored Sri Ramna Kali Mandir here on 17 Dec 2021, 50 years after it was wrecked by Pakistani forces in 1971, and called the historic temple a symbol of India-Bangladesh cultural and spiritual cooperation.
♦President Ram Nath Kovind is visiting Bangladesh at the invitation of his counterpart, M Abdul Hamid, to join the golden jubilee celebrations of Bangladesh’s independence from Pakistan in 1971.
♦At the rebuilt temple, President Ram Nath Kovind and First Lady Savita Kovind offered prayers.
Cabinet Approves Scheme To Boost Semiconductor Manufacturing
The Union Cabinet approved a Rs 76,000 crore scheme to increase semiconductor and display production in India on 15, December.
- This plan was approved in order to promote India as a worldwide hub for high-tech manufacturing and to attract multinational chip manufacturers.
- It would also boost India’s goal to become self-sufficient in electronics production by attracting significant investment.
- This initiative will result in the creation of 35,000 specialized jobs and one lakh indirect jobs.
- This is crucial because, in the current geopolitical environment, reliable suppliers of semiconductors and displays are critical.
PM Modi conferred with highest civilian honour of Bhutan
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been conferred with Bhutan’s highest civilian award called NgadagPelgiKhorlo.
- He was conferred with the award on the occasion of Bhutan’s National Day.
- National Day of Bhutan is observed on December 17.
- It marks the crowning of UgyenWangchuck as first DrukGyalpo of modern Bhutan.
- On the occasion, celebrations are held at Changlimithang Stadium.
- Celebration includes a public address by the DrukGyalpo as well as a procession including a statue of UgyenWangchuck, honouring the first DrukGyalpo and independent Bhutanese nation.
Order of the Dragon King is the highest decoration of Bhutan. It is awarded to recognise a lifetime of service to the people and Kingdom of Bhutan.
ISRO developing a SSLV with Private Participation
According to Union Minister Jitendra Singh, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is in process of developing a Small Satellite Launch Vehicle (SSLV) with private participation. The satellite will be launched in first quarter of 2022.
- SSLV will provide a payload capability of 500 kg to a planar orbit of 500 km.
- Development of SSLV is in final stages.
- First developmental flight of SSLV is targeted to launch during the first quarter of 2022.
- Government has sanctioned Rs 169 Crores to develop this project including the qualification and development of the vehicle systems as well as flight demonstration by three development flights namely, SSLV-D1, SSLV-D2 and SSLV-D3.
SSLV is being developed with the aim of launching small satellites commercially at a reduced price and higher launch rate as against the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV).
Foundational Literacy and Numeracy Index
On the Index on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy, West Bengal has topped the chart in the large states category.
Four Categories of states in Index
Index has divided states into four categories: large states, small states, North East and Union Territories.
Which organisation prepared the index report?
The report on ‘Index on Foundational Literacy & Numeracy’ has been prepared by ‘Institute for Competitiveness’. It was released by chairman of Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM), Bibek Debroy.
The ‘Index on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy’ establishes an understanding of overall state of Foundational Learning among children below ten years across states and Union territories in India. It has five pillars, comprising of 41 indicators. The five pillars include:
- Educational infrastructure
- Access to education
- Basic Health
- Learning outcomes and
Out of the five pillars, states have performed worse particularly in governance pillar.