Rajasthan: Scheduled Tribes
The Scheduled Tribe (ST) population of Rajasthan State constitutes 8.4 percent of the total ST population of India. The Scheduled Tribes of the State constitute 12.6 percent of the total population of the State. It holds 12th position among all States and UTs in respect of the percentage share of ST population to total population. The ST population has registered a growth rate of 29.6 per cent during 1991-2001 which is 1.2 per cent higher than the growth of the total population.
In accordance with The Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Orders (Amendment) Act, 1976. Tribes are –
- Bhil, Bhil Garasia, Dholi Bhil, Dungri Bhil, Dungri Garasia, Mewasi Bhil, Rawal Bhil, Tadvi Bhil, Bhagalia, Bhilala, Pawra, Vasava, Vasave
- Bhil Mina
- Damor, Damaria
- Dhanka, Tadvi, Tetaria, Valvi
- Garasia (excluding Rajput Garasia)
- Kathodi, Katkari, Dhor Kathodi, Dhor Katkari, Son Kathodi, Son Katkari
- Kokna, Kokni, Kukna
- Koli Dhor, Tokre Koli, Kolcha, Kolgha
- Naikda, Nayaka, Cholivala Nayaka, Kapadia Nayaka, Mota Nayaka, Nana Nayaka
- Seharia, Sehria, Sahariya
Some Important Tribes
Live in Jaipur district of Rajasthan is the most Meena tribe. Meena tribes in the most educated tribe word meaning fish / fishery. The Guru – muni magar sagar, panchayat head – Patel, god – bujh, Home – Tapra, Ishtdev – bhuriya baba/ Gautameshwar. These are three types of marriages. Brahma, Gandharva, Rakshas. These divorce, Cheda Phodna, Nata pratha, Aata – SATA (type of marriage). The panchayat says the chaurasi. Meena is made primarily of two kinds jamidar meena and chowkidar meena.
Bhil tribe is the most Udaipur in live. This state is the most ancient and the other major tribe. Bhil Dravidian origin of the word “bill” is a leap from meaning. Naturals Goddess – Bradhi, Pthrkshk Goddess – Pthwari, Home – Kuo, head – Gameti, Mohalla – fala, village – pal, and the groom gives the bride price. The Rngosh Faire Faire Naturals, chaste tree – Mahua, banquet tradition of death. The cultivation of forests by burning Cimata naturals say, while in parts of the plains is called the cultivation Djia.
Meena, Bhil tribe is the state’s third major tribe Garasia. According to their origin Todd “Gawas” is the word. The meaning servant. The holy place is Nakki Lake. It is the only tribe in which marriage is love. These Mor Bandia marriage, Aata – SATA marriage, Phravna marriage, Tanana marriage, Palayan marriage is prevalent. These 12 days are the bodies are cremated. The chief says the Shrol. These are ideal bird peacock.
This is the most backward tribes. Only the tribe of Rajasthan Government of India “primitive tribe” is placed in the. Kishanganj and Shahbad tehsil of Baran district in the most lives.
The tribe lives in Panchayat Simlvada, Dungarpur district. The smallest unit of a certain village says fala the head is mukhi. These men also like women to wear jewelry. This secret marriage prohibition.
This stroller and nomadic tribes. The most Hadoti (Kota) is found in. These put a few drops of alcohol in the mouth of the dying person and to bury the deceased. Before this crime is to take the blessings of Hanuman Ji and Chauthamata “Patti Mangana” is called. Ladies of the tribe is the most beautiful in all the tribes. Chakri is the expert in dance.
This tribe is found in most Bharatpur. Its origins have been considered a man named Sansmal. The tribe is divided into two species called Bija and Mala. He is exalted above the Harijans. These academics believe theft. These widow marriage is practiced.
It is basically tribe of Maharashtra. May the most is living in Udaipur district of Rajasthan. These husband – wife to sit and have a drink with. May Marathi sari style ladies binds. The “Fadka” says. Their main task is to create Kher catechu tree. The party leader – the hero is called.
The Scheduled Tribes are overwhelmingly rural as 94.6 per cent of them inhabit in rural areas whereas 76.6 per cent of the total population of the state live in villages.
- District wise distribution of tribal population shows that they have their highest concentration in Banswara district (72.3 per cent), followed by 65.1 percent and 47.9 per cent in Dungarpur and Udaipur districts respectively. Nagaur ( 0.2 per cent) preceded by Bikaner (0.4 per cent) has the lowest share of tribal population in the total population.
- Out of twelve (12) tribes scheduled for the State, Mina is the most populous tribe, having a population of 3,799,971 constituting 53.5 per cent of the total ST population followed by Bhil (2,805,948). Mina and Bhil together constitute 93 per cent whereas Garasia, Damor, Dhanka & Saharia combine to form 6.6 per cent of the total ST population. Six tribes, Bhil Mina, Naikda, Kathodi, Patelia, Kokna and Koli Dhor along with the generic tribes constitute the residual 0.3 per cent of the total tribal population. Among the twelve STs, Koli Dhor is the smallest tribe with a population below 100 preceded by Kokna (405), Patelia(1,045), Kathodi (2,922) etc.
- Mina account for 99 – 99.8 per cent of all ST population in the five districts namely Dhaulpur, Bharatpur, Sawai Madhopur, Karauli, & Dausa. The tribe share more than 90 per cent of the total tribal population in Alwar, Jhunjhunun, Sikar, Tonk & Churu districts. The second major tribe, Bhil have a share of 99 per cent of all ST population in Barmer district followed by Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Rajsamand (95 per cent) districts.
- The Scheduled Tribes of the State have registered considerably lower sex ratio both in total as well as in the 0-6 yrs. population in comparison to those recorded by all STs at the national level. The over all sex ratio of the ST population is 944 females per 1000 males which is lower than the national average of 978 in respect of all ST population.
- Among the major tribes, Mina and Dhanka have overall sex ratio lower than the national as well as state averages whereas Bhil, Garasia, Seharia tribes have returned overall sex ratio higher than that of the State average. Damor have registered the overall sex ratio significantly higher than the national average.
- The sex ratio among ST children in the age group 0-6 yrs. is 950. Among the individual tribes, Damor have female children outnumber the male children whereas among Garasia both male and female children are in equal number in the corresponding age group. The child sex ratio among Bhil is higher than the state as well as national level. The lowest child sex ratio has been reported by Mina.
- The Scheduled Tribes of the state have a literacy rate of 44.7 per cent which is lower than the national average (47.1 per cent) in respect of all STs.
- Agriculture is the main economic activity of the tribes of Rajasthan. While 69 per cent of total workers are ‘Cultivators’ which is significantly higher than the national average of 44.7 per cent, ‘Agricultural Labourers’ constitute only 14 per cent which is less than half of that recorded by of total STs at the national level (36.9 per cent). ‘Other Workers’ constitute 16.3 per cent and workers in ‘Household Industry’ account for only 0.7 per cent.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes