- Women still get raw deal in Chhattisgarh politics
- Despite accounting for 49% of the population in Chhattisgarh, there is feeble representation of women in the State Assembly as well as in the Parliament.
- Facing neglect from political parties, women are struggling to find a foothold in the political arena.
- In 2013 polls, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) fielded 11 women candidates while Congress fielded 13. Thus roughly 13% representation was given to them even though they account for nearly half of the population.
- However, notably there is substantial representation of women in the local government level in Chhattisgarh. Women are coming out in large numbers from their homes and are also making entry into politics.
- As per a report tabled in the Lok Sabha, proving their mettle in governance in the three-tier Panchayat bodies of the state they have recorded 55.14% representation here securing fourth position all over the country. The reason behind this is the 33% reservation for them in the Panchayat bodies and no doubt the scenario in the state assemblies and parliament would also change with the same effect with the clearance of Woman’s Reservation Bill in the Parliament which is lingering for a long time now.
- UNICEF, NASSCOM sign MoU to strengthen child rights
- UNICEF and NASSCOM Foundation have signed an agreement to strengthen child rights through “meaningful business interventions”.
- With this Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), the two organisations will work collaboratively on two key areas including national sensitisation on ‘child online protection’ and ‘encouraging innovations for child rights’ in the country.
- As partners, both the companies will co-create sensitisation workshops across India.
· Clear Sky 2018: Ukraine Launches Air Exercises With NATO Countries
- Ukraine began a series of large-scale air force exercises with the United States and other NATO countries.
- The “Clear Sky 2018”war games are being held in western Ukraine.
- The main aim is to enhance regional capabilities to secure air sovereignty and promote peace and security through cooperation.
· Pakistan Test-Fires Nuclear-Capable Ghauri Ballistic Missile
- The country successfully test-fired Ghauri ballistic missilecapable of carrying both conventional and nuclear warheads up to a distance of 1,300 kilometers.
- The launch was conducted by Army Strategic Forces Command and was aimed at testing the operational and technical readiness.
- In 4 yrs, road fatalities see a 7% rise
- Data released by the ministry of road transport and highway on Tuesday has revealed that deaths due to road accidents have increased by 7% from 1,37,572 in 2013 to 1,47,913 in 2017. However, there has been a4.63 % decline in the total number of accidents from 4,86,476 in2013 to 4,64,910 in 2017.
- India wants better metric for Human Capital Index
- The World Bank’s inaugural HCI has placed India at 115 out of 157 countries in terms of the quality of human capital based on five parameters – child survival, school enrollment, quality of learning, healthy growth and adult survival.
- HCI uses metric of industrial era to measure the status of human capital for digital age and its production system
- India’s HCI score is 0.44, which means a child born in the country today will be only 44 per cent as productive.
- Centre to develop ‘model shelters’ for the homeless in urban areas
- The Centre will develop “model shelters” for urban homeless in states, which will provide several facilities like RO water, playground and television to occupants.
- According to the housing and urban affairs ministry, at least two model shelters will be developed in each state, including in its capital, under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM).
- So far, six states have been identified where model shelters are to be established. Model shelters will be established in phased manner across the country.
- India’s first ever National Environment Survey to kick off in 24 states, 3 UTs in Jan, 2019
- India’s first ever National Environment Survey (NES) will be kicked off from 55 districts across 24 states and three Territories in January, 2019.
- The earliest the first set of complete green data from the survey will be available is 2020, providing an important tool in the hands of policy-makers for decision making at all levels – district, state and national.
- The survey will be done through a grid-based approach, using grids measuring 9×9 km, to collect comprehensive on various environmental parameters such as air, water, soil mquality; emission inventory; solid, hazardous and e-waste; forest & wildlife; flora & fauna; wetlands, lakes, rivers and other water bodies.
- It will also assess carbon sequestration potential of all the districts across the country. The NES will rank all the districts on their environmental performance and document their best green practices.
MPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for MPPCS Prelims and MPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by MPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- MPPCS Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- MPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes