FIRST PAPER (PART-A)
History and Culture
- Indian History:- Political, Economic, Social and Cultural History of India from Harappan civilization to 10 Century A.D.
- Political, Economic, Social and Cultural History of India from 11 to 18 Century AD. (Note the Cultural History is covered in Unit IV due to overlap of Topics)
- Mugal rulers and their administration, Emergence of composite culture
- Impact of British Rule on Indian Economy and Society.
- Reactions of Indians against British Colonial Rule: Peasant and Tribal revolts, The First Struggle of Independence. Indian Renaissance: National Freedom Movement and its leaders.
- Emergence of India as a Republic Nation, Reorganization of States, Formation of Madhya Pradesh. Major events of the post independence period.
- Independence Movement in Madhya Pradesh.
- Indian Cultural Heritage : Salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature, Festivals & Architecture from ancient to modern times. (with special reference to Madhya Pradesh)
- World Heritage sites in Madhya Pradesh and Tourism.
- Dynasties of Madhya Pradesh: – Gondwana, Bundeli, Bagheli, Holkar, Scindia and Bhopal State (From beginning till independence). With in Geographic reference of Present Madhya Pradesh.
FIRST PAPER (PART-B)
UNIT- I GEOGRAPHY
- Major Physical Features:- Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Rivers, Lakes and Glaciers.
- Major Geographical Phenomena:- Earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanicity, Cyclone.
- World Climate:- Climate and seasons, distribution of rain fall and climatic regions, Climate change and its effects.
Geography of India
- Major physical features:- Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Rivers, Lakes and Glaciers.
- Physiographic Division of India.
- Climate:- Origin of Monsoon, El Nino, Climate and Seasons, Distribution of rain fall and climatic regions.
- Natural Resources:- Types and their uses.
- Water, forest, soil
- Rocks and minerals
- Population:- Growth, distribution, density, sex ratio, literacy, migration, rural and urban population.
- Food Processing and Related Industries:- Scope and significance, Localization of industries, Requisites for forward and backward linkages for industries, demand – supply and chain management.
Geography of Madhya Pradesh
- Major Geomorphic Regions with special reference to Narmada Valley and Malwa Plateau.
- Natural vegetation and climate.
- Soil:- Physical, chemical and biological properties of soil, soil formation process, problems of soil erosion and soil degradation, problem soil and methods of its reclaimation, soil conservation planning on watershed basis.
- Mineral and Energy Resources:- Types, distribution and uses.
- Major Industries: Based on agricultural produce, forests and minerals.
- The Tribes of State with particular reference to vulnerable tribes.
Water and disaster management
- Drinking Water:- Supply, factors of impurity of water and quality management.
- Water management.
- Ground water and water conservation.
- Natural and Man-made disasters, Concept and scope of disaster management, specific hazards and mitigation.
- Community planning: Resource mapping, relief and rehabilitation, preventive and administrative measures, safe construction. Alternative communication and survival efficiency.
Advanced Techniques in Geography
- Remote sensing: principles, electromagnetic spectrum, components, types of satellite, Application of remote sensing.
- GIS(Global Information System) : Components of GIS, and its applications.
- GPS (Global Positioning System): Basic concepts of GPS and its applications.