SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Work, Power and Energy– Gravitational Force, Friction, Atmospheric Pressure and Work.
- Units and Measurement, Example from daily life.
- Speed, Velocity , Acceleration
- Sound:- Definition, Medium of Propagation, Audible and Inaudible sound, Noise and Music.
- Terminology related with Sound:- Amplitude, Wave Length, Frequency of Vibration.
- Electricity:- Different types of Cell, Circuit.
- Magnet:- Properties, preparation and uses of artificial magnet
- Light:- Reflection, Refraction, Mirrors and Lenses , Image Formation,
- Heat: Measuring Temperature, Thermometers, Transformation of Heat.
- Element, Compound and Mixture:- Definition, Chemical Symbols, Properties, Availability on the Earth,
- Material:- Metals and Non Metals, Periodic Table and Periodicity.
- Atom, Atomic Structure, Valancy, Bonding, Nuclear Fusion and Fission.
- Acids, Bases and Salts. pH Value Indicators.
- Physical and Chemical Changes.
- Chemistry in daily life
- Micro-organism and Organic Farming.
- Cell –Structure and Function, Classification of Animals and Plants.
- Nutrition in plants, animals and human beings, Balanced Diet, Vitamins, Deficiency Diseases, Hormones,
- Body Organs of Human Beings, Structure and Functioning.(Nervous system, respiratory system, reproductive system, circulatory system, digestive system, Blood,)
- Respiration in Organisms.
- Transportation in Animals and Plants.
- Reproduction in Animals and Plants-( Human, As-sexual, Flowering)
- Health and Hygiene and Diseases.
- Types of Computers, Characteristics and Generation.
- Memory, Input and Output Devices, Storage Devices, Software and Hardware, Operating systems, Windows, Uses of Microsoft office.
- Computer Languages, Translators, Compilers, Interpreters and Assemblers.
- Internet, E-mail.
- Social Media.
- E -Governance.
- Different useful Portals, Sites and Web Pages.
- Numbers and its type, Methods of Unit Measurement, Equations and Factors, Profit and Loss, Percentage, Discount, Simple and Compound Interest., Ratio and Proportion
- Statistics:- Probability, Measurement of Central Tendency (Mean, Mode, Median) and Variance, Types of Sampling.
- Communicable diseases and their Prevention.
- National Vaccination Programme.
- Primary Knowledge of AYUSH – Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy
- Health Related Important Welfare Schemes of Central and State Government.
- Major Health Organizations of Central and the State Government.
- Effects of Development on Human Life, Limitations of Indigenous Technologies.
- History of Remote Sensing, Remote Sensing in India.
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) * Raja Ramanna Center for Atomic Technology (RRCAT) * Satish Dhawan Space Center (SDSC) Shriharikota * Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) * Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC), Mumbai * Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai * National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL), Tirupati, Liquid Propulsion System Center (LPSC), Bengluru * Space Application Center (SAC), Ahmedabad * Indian Deep Space Network (IDSN) ,Bengrulu* Indian Space Science Data Center(ISSDC), Ramanagara * Vikram Sarabhai Space Center (VSSC), Thiruananthpuram * Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruananthpuram* National Remote Sensing Center (NRSC), Hyderabad * Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), Dehradoon* (General information of above institutions).
- Generations of Geostationary Satellite Launch Vehicles.
- Biotechnology: Definition, uses in Sector of Health and Medicine, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Industry and Environment.
- Clones, Robots and Artificial Intelligence.
- Patents and Rights of Intellectual Property (Trips, Trims)
- Contribution of Indians in the field of Science and Technology: Chandrashekhar Venkata Raman, Hargovind Khurana, Jagdish Chandra Basu, Homi Jahangir Bhabha, M. Vishveshraiya, Srinivas Ramanujan, Vikram Sarabhai, A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, Satendra Nath Bose. Raja Ramanna, Prafullchandra Roy.
- National and International Awards in the field of Science.
- Conventional and Non-Conventional Sources of Energy: Meaning, Definition, Examples and Differences
- Energy Efficiency, Energy Management, Organizational Integration, Energy Management in Operational Functions, Energy Purchase, Production, Production planning and Control, Maintenance.
- Issues and Challenges related with Energy Strategies
- Alternate Sources of Energy: Present scenario and future possibilities. Solar Energy, Wind Energy, Oceanic Energy, Geothermal Energy, Biomass Energy, Biofuel Energy etc.
- Definition, Scope and Dimensions of Environment:– Physical, Economic, Cultural, Educational, Psychological etc, Concepts of Environment in Indian context, Concepts of Environment in Modern World.
- Effect of human activities on Environment, Ethics and Values related to Environment; Biodiversity, Environmental Pollution, Environmental Changes.
- Issues and challenges related with Environment, Causes and effects of Environmental Degradation
- Environmental Education: Programmes for Mass Awareness, – Environmental Education and its relationship with Health and Safety.
- Eco friendly Technologies, Conservation of Energy, Constitutional provisions related to Environment and its Protection. Environmental Protection Policies and Regulatory Framework
- Definition and importance of Geology, Earth- Crust, Mantle, Core Lithosphere, Hydrosphere, Origin and Age of Earth, Geological Time Scale, Rock-Definition, Types of Rocks-Igneous, Sedimentary and Metamorphic Rock. Minerals and Ores, Fossils, Weathering and Erosion, Formation of soil, Groundwater, Natural Coal, Natural Oil and Gas.