PHILOSOPHY, PSYCHOLOGY AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- Philosophers/Thinkers, Social Reformers:- Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Mahavir, Buddha, Acharya Shankar, Charwak, Gurunanak, Kabir, Tulsidas, Ravindra Nath Tagore, Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Savitribai Phule, Swami Dayanand Saraswati, Swami Vivekanand, Maharshi Arvind and Sarvpalli Radhakrishnan.
- Attitude: Content, Elements, Function Formation of attitude, attitudinal change, persuasive communication, Prejudice and discrimination, Stereotypes in Indian context.
- Aptitude – Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, integrity,impartiality and non- partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections.
- Emotional Intelligence- Emotional intelligence-concepts, their utilities and application in Administration and Governance.
Human Needs and Motivation
- Ethics and Values in Public Administration: Ethical elements in governance – integrity, accountability and transparency, ethical reasoning and moral dilemmas, conscience as sources of ethical guidance, code of conduct for civil servants, implementation of higher values in governance.
- Corruption:- Types and Causes of corruption, effects of corruption, approaches to minimizing corruption– role of society, media, family, whistleblower, UN Convention on Corruption, measuring corruption, Transparency International, Lokpal and Lokayukt.